Sideshow 1:6 Lando as Skiff Guard Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI today is the last day to get this on sale for $160 at Brian's Toys (code 2020BLACKFRIDAY). Actually surprised it hasn't sold out yet.

Preorders are part of the exclusion criteria, so I'd bet they'd just cancel people's orders. It is just listed at $200 without the discount though, which still seems like a steal for an unreleased figure.

https://www.brianstoys.com/save_big

Ha that seemed to good to be true. I figured it wouldn't even let me go through checkout if there was a problem. Well I'll see if/when they cancel.

Ha that seemed to good to be true. I figured it wouldn't even let me go through checkout if there was a problem. Well I'll see if/when they cancel.

I'm debating ordering without the coupon to get the $200 price, but I'd kick myself if the 20% off orders were going through as well. Basically 20% off twice.

Yep, they kinda whiffed it on the HS (shocker), but I'm really liking the overall look of this. I'm planning a simple pose like the one pictured above but holding the vibro-axe. He's gonna look sweet next to Jabba.
Would love a Leia as Boushh as well, but I guess with HT in the grip of Mando-fever, it will be a long wait.

The normal head sculpt is pretty subpar. The one saving grace for the figure is that most who buy it will probably only use the helmeted sculpt, which is passable enough. The price is pretty high when you factor in only one good sculpt and two other accessories. Part of me wants it, but yet I’m not sure if it’s really worth it.

$200 should have been the retail price for this.
$200 figures aren?t really a thing anymore. The last one close to that was the Hot Toys Bespin Gown Leia, and she was bare bones as can be. If this Lando have been maybe $220 though it would have been a bit of an easier sell. As is it?s definitely iffy for $245 plus shipping and tax.

I'm debating ordering without the coupon to get the $200 price, but I'd kick myself if the 20% off orders were going through as well. Basically 20% off twice.

Yeah knowing Brians Toys, I'd play it safe and be happy with the just-under-$200 pricepoint rather than risking it with a code that excludes POs and get your order cancelled when the in-stock price is back up to $250.

Is Brian’s Toys reliable? Part of me is almost tempted to buy the Incinerator Trooper using that code. Also their price for this Lando is pretty good even at $199.

Is Brian’s Toys reliable? Part of me is almost tempted to buy the Incinerator Trooper using that code. Also their price for this Lando is pretty good even at $199.

They're so-so, I'd say. Been around forever and often overpriced (they seem to have marked up the Mudtrooper, for example). I ordered the Rogue One stormtrooper set from them when those were first out and had my order cancelled, so I'm not sure how good their online inventory management system is.

Is Brian?s Toys reliable? Part of me is almost tempted to buy the Incinerator Trooper using that code. Also their price for this Lando is pretty good even at $199.

Havent used them but looks like they have an ebay store with 99.5% positive feedback from 26,567 reviews.

Yeah knowing Brians Toys, I'd play it safe and be happy with the just-under-$200 pricepoint rather than risking it with a code that excludes POs and get your order cancelled when the in-stock price is back up to $250.

I’ll never try it again after the last time I did. I used the code on quite a few preorders and they canceled them all pretty quickly.

Just posting these bigger. You can see a lot of detail in the pictures. Teeth on the helmet could use a repaint. Otherwise he looks pretty good from what I see.
4b48c71d73bcc42686c50fb991c87799.jpg

2d3b8ec96551a4537cb145670e86ebd3.jpg

4cb70893a80e84a8673e40135117e207.jpg

What happened? Back to radio silence on this one. Tried finding more facebook pictures to no avail. Hope to see more shots and a video or two soon...

What happened? Back to radio silence on this one. Tried finding more facebook pictures to no avail. Hope to see more shots and a video or two soon...

Yeah it's possible this one figure slipped out a bit early and for everyone else it won't drop for another week or two.

Seems odd no other pics have appeared, but I think it was Slikk who said the guy said he wasn't all that happy with the figure.

Yeah it's possible this one figure slipped out a bit early and for everyone else it won't drop for another week or two.

Seems odd no other pics have appeared, but I think it was Slikk who said the guy said he wasn't all that happy with the figure.

Well it turns out that it has been two different people posting. The one I got an answer from was not the one who posted these unboxed pictures. It was the one that originally only showed the shipper box. He had a couple of open box pictures later in the thread, but none futzed or unboxed.
So I don?t think we should worry about it too much. But there must be at least two figures picked up out there.
2b7c5dd1fa3c9163169f7fdddfdd2d51.jpg

524eff17848459c817a4d170a5c5c4bb.jpg

Well it turns out that it has been two different people posting. The one I got an answer from was not the one who posted these unboxed pictures. It was the one that originally only showed the shipper box. He had a couple of open box pictures later in the thread, but none futzed or unboxed.
So I don?t think we should worry about it too much. But there must be at least two figures picked up out there.
You (or someone) tried to hide the name of this person but it is still readable and is in the reply below.

Not sure if it should be secret.

I still believe this figure will look great in my setup although it seems somewhat expensive.

You (or someone) tried to hide the name of this person but it is still readable and is in the reply below.

Not sure if it should be secret.

I still believe this figure will look great in my setup although it seems somewhat expensive.

It?s my own name :) just a precaution [emoji1745]

Back