Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered 4th May, so when people started getting shipping notices I emailed Sideshow asking if my last Flex could be paid off before 15th March.

Their response was as expected:

Thank you for your e-mail.

Unfortunately the R2-D2’s have to stay on schedule due how many are being received at a time. Once your item is on its way to us we will contact you via e-mail along with the date we will be processing it. I do apologize for not being able to fulfill your request at this time and hope you understand.

I ordered (FLEX) on May 4th as well. I asked the same thing by phone and I received the same response.

Pretty sure its the FLEXers that are being put on the backburner. They don't want those with normal orders to cancel because of impatience.

...Seriously, even Hot Toys will have a hard time out-doing this one. I mean, they theoretically can but it'd probably be $250-$300.
That's the thing, I'd be fine with a $300.00 super accurate R2 (as opposed to say a $250 General Grievous). Guess that makes me an *******. :lol

I am impressed that Sideshow actually bothered to make the shoulder horseshoes removable so that people could decide for themselves which way they should go. That's something I would never have even considered, yet I know many here would have caught it.

Yay! People are noticing this feature on this piece. This was a little bonus on this piece from the beginning for Artoo for the uber Star Wars geeks that we didn't actually reveal. :)

-SideshowAlex

Yay! People are noticing this feature on this piece. This was a little bonus on this piece from the beginning for Artoo for the uber Star Wars geeks that we didn't actually reveal. :)

-SideshowAlex

Yeah, I've been calling Wor-Gar a geek for years.

GEEEEEEEEEK.

-SideshowAlex

It's a fun Easter Egg that's for sure. Of course now I have to hunt down ref to see which way it is "supposed" to go. :lol

Yeah, I've been calling Wor-Gar a geek for years.

GEEEEEEEEEK.

Hello Friend. :)

No charge today, no shipping notice.

You broke my heart Sideshow.

tumblr_mu7jo4uaBh1s1km54o1_250.gif

I ordered (FLEX) on May 4th as well. I asked the same thing by phone and I received the same response.

Pretty sure its the FLEXers that are being put on the backburner. They don't want those with normal orders to cancel because of impatience.
The only problem with this theory is that I'm a flex payer and it looks like I'll be one of the first to get R2...

Yeah you musta sniped me! This months code was destined for Gamora, so 3PO missed out...
Thought R2 was way too much when it came up, but now that I think about it the Medicom was prolly that much!
This one is awesome coz of the lightsaber and hologram, but I keep turning away from it because I already have the Medicom set and a Hasbro R2 with the Bandai 3PO. Do I really need a 3rd pair of droids?

prolly...

Yeah you musta sniped me! This months code was destined for Gamora, so 3PO missed out...
Thought R2 was way too much when it came up, but now that I think about it the Medicom was prolly that much!
This one is awesome coz of the lightsaber and hologram, but I keep turning away from it because I already have the Medicom set and a Hasbro R2 with the Bandai 3PO. Do I really need a 3rd pair of droids?

prolly...
Oooops sorry about that! [emoji2]

I know what you mean about droids. I have 2 Hasbro R2s (one clean & one dirty) I also have the Bandai Threepio (amazing figure).
I won't be buying the SSC Threepio so this SSC R2 will be partnered up with the Bandai Threepio and his current Hasbro R2 will be placed elsewhere in the collection.

Oooops sorry about that! [emoji2]

I know what you mean about droids. I have 2 Hasbro R2s (one clean & one dirty) I also have the Bandai Threepio (amazing figure).
I won't be buying the SSC Threepio so this SSC R2 will be partnered up with the Bandai Threepio and his current Hasbro R2 will be placed elsewhere in the collection.

Please show a pic of R2 right next to 3po first when you get him, i'm sure that's what many on here are waiting to see, and then breathe a sigh of relief hopefully :pray:

Please show a pic of R2 right next to 3po first when you get him, i'm sure that's what many on here are waiting to see, and then breathe a sigh of relief hopefully [emoji14]ray:
Of course I will.
My package is in Indianapolis....hurry up Fed Ex only 1,944 miles done and only another 3,140 miles to get to Ireland from Indianapolis!

Now THAT is something coming from you, Carl. Welcome news, I've been saying all along WE will never find this figure with this much effort and detail for this price ever again.

You guys all know I've never been shy about being vocal when I feel Sideshow has dropped the ball.

Some of you also know I'm a longtime member of the R2 Builders Club and over the years have gotten to know every detail of R2's design. To date, I've built 4 of them. So I'm kinda like those Darth Vader and Stormtrooper diehards who go over those products with fine-toothed combs and calipers.

And I say.... this is a GREAT figure, and the best overall 1:6 R2-D2 yet, by far. It's also a very good value at its price in today's market.

In fact, this thing is much more accurate than the unfortunate 1:1 Fred Barton R2 that Sideshow once offered. And a little better than the PF in some respects.

Only the most cynical of buttheads among us would be disappointed in this figure.

Kudos, Sideshow! :clap

Last edited:
I just got yet another email alert from Sideshow threatening to begin charging all orders this Friday, Jan 30th...

...and yet one lone R2 unit has already been shipped to Ireland. J14, you will have alot of explaining to do either way.

Back