1/6 Sideshow 1/6th Scale Star Wars Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally managed to get one of these for pretty cheap thanks to a seller on here, and somehow pics don't convey just how damn cool this thing looks in hand. Yeah it's a bit fragile, but the detail and weathering are much better than I expected, and it makes for a fantastic display piece.

I was originally intending to use it with Endor Luke or Leia, but now I'm really wanting that Biker Scout too. I know everyone says to wait for the HT version instead, but I just don't think I'm gonna be patient enough for that... :lol

20190518_100255 (3).jpg

20190518_100132 (3).jpg

Finally managed to get one of these for pretty cheap thanks to a seller on here, and somehow pics don't convey just how damn cool this thing looks in hand. Yeah it's a bit fragile, but the detail and weathering are much better than I expected, and it makes for a fantastic display piece.

I was originally intending to use it with Endor Luke or Leia, but now I'm really wanting that Biker Scout too. I know everyone says to wait for the HT version instead, but I just don't think I'm gonna be patient enough for that... :lol

View attachment 454285

View attachment 454286

...and you can’t have too many biker scouts anyways. Go for it!

I think it's way underrated, as nice as the Probe Droid if you ask me. I have two speeders and three scouts, with three rotj stormies incoming. Someday if I ever have the space I want to build a semi modest Endor dio with trees and such.

Yeah. This thing is great. Happy I picked it up again. I just have it on a vehicles display with the probe droid and EFX Falcon. Different scale on the last one obviously but sill look good together.

Great setup. And that Probe Droid looks awesome. I had one briefly but had to send it back due a defect and wasn't sure if I wanted another one. But it does look really cool there.

I currently have two version of Hasbro Speederbike dismantled for spraying up. I'll be trying to match up the paintwork on my SSC version as that all just feels right.

I love the SSC version... even if it feels more fragile around the handlebar area. I thought I was going to prefer the Hasbro painted up but I actually much prefer the scaling of the SSC.

The cheaper Hasbro version is actually almost identical in size to the SSC one but the engine turning and cabling are all moulded together in one block. It should still look quite nice when it's painted up though.

I've seen that Hasbro bike at toy cons before, but it just never looked as impressive to me as the Sideshow one. Despite being even larger in size. And I could tell it was going to take a LOT of work to mod and improve.

I currently have two version of Hasbro Speederbike dismantled for spraying up. I'll be trying to match up the paintwork on my SSC version as that all just feels right.

I love the SSC version... even if it feels more fragile around the handlebar area. I thought I was going to prefer the Hasbro painted up but I actually much prefer the scaling of the SSC.

The cheaper Hasbro version is actually almost identical in size to the SSC one but the engine turning and cabling are all moulded together in one block. It should still look quite nice when it's painted up though.

Sounds cool. Would you mind posting some progress pics? I have my scout on a Hasbro and I’m 80% happy. Any fresh ideas would be welcomed![emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sounds cool. Would you mind posting some progress pics? I have my scout on a Hasbro and I’m 80% happy. Any fresh ideas would be welcomed![emoji106][emoji106]

No problem. I'll probably be starting it full when I get back from holiday in a couple of weeks. I'll be finishing up my Snowspeeder before then so that's out of the way. I think for mixing of paint's sake I'll be going them both at the same time... Fingers crossed they come out well. :)

No problem. I'll probably be starting it full when I get back from holiday in a couple of weeks. I'll be finishing up my Snowspeeder before then so that's out of the way. I think for mixing of paint's sake I'll be going them both at the same time... Fingers crossed they come out well. :)

Thanks! Will look forward to seeing the progress.
Enjoy your holiday too BTW![emoji106][emoji106]

I’m doing the same thing, except I am going to rebuild the entire underside section to be a bit more accurate. All the cowlings look good so I will be keeping them.

I’m doing the same thing, except I am going to rebuild the entire underside section to be a bit more accurate. All the cowlings look good so I will be keeping them.

I've posted this a few times but this is a heavily modded hasbro bike that has the underside completely rebuilt. I have more pics I can post.

5ILbR5h.jpg

dIH46K0.jpg

I've posted this a few times but this is a heavily modded hasbro bike that has the underside completely rebuilt.

5ILbR5h.jpg

dIH46K0.jpg

How is anybody supposed to look at the work you did on the bike when there's a brilliant looking Scout sitting atop it? Can't take my eyes off him. :love

Puts the SS version to shame.

Is it just me or does the hasbro speeder bIke have better overall shape than the sideshow?

I had both, but sold the sideshow recently...

I just feel that hasbro got more of the subtleties of the design in its version.... the rigging on the steering vanes are more interesting looking...and the silhouette even seems better ...

Is it just me or does the hasbro speeder bIke have better overall shape than the sideshow?

I had both, but sold the sideshow recently...

I just feel that hasbro got more of the subtleties of the design in its version.... the rigging on the steering vanes are more interesting looking...and the silhouette even seems better ...

I don't own the Sideshow one(And can not justify the cost right now), but I know what you are saying RE: the main shape.
I have a set of chopsticks to recreate the front booms on my Hasbro.
I’d be very interested to hear how TaliBane recreated the intake impeller.

Back