Sideshow 1/6th Tusken Raider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:panic::panic::monkey3

Yep, they've been making great SW figures... except for Boba Fett... :monkey1

What is wrong with Boab Fett? Aside from his knees won't bend, but the Cantina band guys don;t bend at the knees either, but that is the mold of this Prometheis 1.3.

Watch the knees. Be careful when they don't bend...

I asked SS about this issue. The rep. assured me that the knees would loosen up over time as you pose the figure. I went ahead and posed the figure giving it a bit of pressure as they instructed... the knee joint tore.

SSC was kind enough to replaced the figure.

That's disconcerting.
Of all the manufacturers that make him, the SSC Boba Fett was the version I wanted to get. :(

It has some good parts... mainly the weapons and gauntlets...

What happened to Fett? I passed only being I couldn't get the extra stand.

I'm glad that was the exclusive... nothing really necessary IMO...
The green color on Fett is just disheartening... and the chest piece is awful... and the wookie braids... and the body... ughh....

I recently bought the SSC Boba. After opening the mailing box... I taped it right back up and shipped it on back.

The return shipping was the best money I've ever spent.:D
:lol

What is wrong with Boab Fett? Aside from his knees won't bend, but the Cantina band guys don;t bend at the knees either, but that is the mold of this Prometheis 1.3.

The knees are the least of it's problems...
Besides, for the Cantina guys it isn't that crucial... but for Fett... I mean... come on SS!!! :slap

Watch the knees. Be careful when they don't bend...

I asked SS about this issue. The rep. assured me that the knees would loosen up over time as you pose the figure. I went ahead and posed the figure giving it a bit of pressure as they instructed... the knee joint tore.

SSC was kind enough to replaced the figure.
Yeah, I know that happened with my Greedo and I bought a new body from Toy Anxiety. Think I will try heating the joints up and then freezing them a couple times before bending. They're all out of Greedo bodies, so don't want to break the new one.

The new knees are definitely different from the old ratchet knees (clicking knees). They're harder to bend.This is how I corrected my other band member's knee issues.

The trick to getting them bending easier is taking something thin (like the back of an x-acto blade). Slip it carefully into the crack. Then slightly pry the outer part of the joint away from the inner part. The outer portions of the knee seem to close up around the pivot point of the middle piece. All I had to do is flex the parts and they worked much better.

Be careful!!!!

I guess I should give a shout out to Brinn 71, for helping with this tip.:wink1:

Last edited:
got my notice too..hopefully he ships with neyo tomoz.between these 2.the stap.bossk and the snowtrooper it is shaping up to be a good cpl months for ssc starwars.....

They could do it easily if they used some sort of furry fabric.... Just create the general armature, fabric over that with sculpted horns, mouth/eyes and feet... Then just add the saddle and saddle bags.

6a00d8341bf67c53ef01538e4be57d970b-800wi
Bloody big though. It'd have to be at a minimum 2' high with rider.

I want one....

That bantha can be custom made if somebody made a run of the antlers - the body form could literally be MDF shapes with a spine like those dinosaur skeletons you used to get in comics. Cover with a fabric skin and find some fake fur on ebay and pay attention to the tail. Lips may take some milliput action!

SSC can make a bantha if they really wanted to.

My first choice, however, is a landspeeder... and new farmer Luke. :rock

Neither Ex nor reg is sold out. Fairly low edition size. This puppy's costing me nearly $150 after tax and shipping (with a $15 discount). I wonder how it will fair down the road -- meaning, will there be the usual Ex on ebay for $30 less?

I'm sure at the end of the day this is still gonna be seen as an overpriced background character for many. But, I'm stoked about getting him :rock

Background, yes. But he's such a staple of Star Wars. I mean, anyone who would bother to collect SW figures would surely want this. I can see passing on Plo Koon and even Hammerhead. But certain "background" characters just seem so Star Wars, particularly aliens... like Jawas, Sandpeople and Greedo. For ANH, those 3 are key.

You're preaching to the choir here... I get it, but no sell out and a low SE would suggest other's don't :huh

No doubt... but with the 1/6 market long cooled people just aren't as willing to jump in on stuff. If it weren't for the exclusive I'd probably waited a bit for a deal... but still no way I'd completely pass on this guy.

Back