Sideshow 1/6th Tusken Raider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have not ordered this and its actually not on my list, but I was impressed with the pics I saw of it at SDCC, so I'm pretty excited to see your guys in hand pics. Although I don't want to go down that dark path of collecting Tatooine stuff, this could definitely push me that way. :lol

I thought I would wake up to a UPS notice this morning but no such luck. Looks like Monday and the end of the week. I'm really excited for him to arrive. I still remember getting a sand person on a 12 back figure back in 1978!

I spoke to them twice today on the phone to do just that and both times they said they couldn't do it manually anymore. New system.

I would have cancelled and reordered on the phone but then I'd be out my $15 coupon savings I applied.

No more ins-and-outs, guys. If your card declines for any reason, the "system" takes 5 working days to give you a 2nd shot.

Really? Don't have this kind of problem. I have a card just for these kind of things I move the money into that card after I place or before I place any kind of order. This is why I cannot buy anything more this year. Still it should not be that hard for them to hit the charge button on their side.

Really? Don't have this kind of problem. I have a card just for these kind of things I move the money into that card after I place or before I place any kind of order. This is why I cannot buy anything more this year. Still it should not be that hard for them to hit the charge button on their side.

I never have either -- but my old card got scammed and my bank issued a new card and when I entered it on the SS site I may have inverted numbers or something.

And you are right, it should be simple to hit a button for them -- they used to -- but now they say this "system" won't let them. Silly, when someone is begging for them to take their money.

Now that I have the time, I may just buy the EX off ebay for less.

I spoke to them twice today on the phone to do just that and both times they said they couldn't do it manually anymore. New system.

I would have cancelled and reordered on the phone but then I'd be out my $15 coupon savings I applied.

No more ins-and-outs, guys. If your card declines for any reason, the "system" takes 5 working days to give you a 2nd shot.

Tell me about it, and it's ridiculous.

I got "card error", but there is no error, well my bank says it's all fine, the numbers entered were correct and Sideshow says "our system is working must be your bank", it sort of takes payment from you but doesn't complete the transaction, so anyway, you wait another 5 days just to do it all again with no resolution.

It's going to cost them business.

Now that I have the time, I may just buy the EX off ebay for less.

And this is my point exactly. Loss of business for them.

I checked that I entered my card correctly, SSC just come back and say "you must have insufficient funds", or "contact your bank".

What's the point of waiting another five days to be told the same thing instead of them trying to look at the problem when I've said that my bank has triple checked their end and all is ready and authorised for SSC to charge?

:slap

And this is my point exactly. Loss of business for them.

I checked that I entered my card correctly, SSC just come back and say "you must have insufficient funds", or "contact your bank".

What's the point of waiting another five days to be told the same thing instead of them trying to look at the problem when I've said that my bank has triple checked their end and all is ready and authorised for SSC to charge?

:slap

Yeah, I don't get it. I re-entered the card info but now I have to basically sit back and wait and see if it goes thru this time. I've been doing business with Sideshow since 2004 and have never had a card issue... but that means nothing now.

I got the "card error" too, not declined, and my bank doesn't have a record of any attempt to charge so I'm hoping it's my fault and I put the card numbers in wrong. But I won't know until next Friday. Silly, because SS could have had my money last Friday.

Yeah I only got 'card error' but they said to check funds after I re-entered the card number several times and they still had no luck.

I've been using them for years too and only the last few transactions have been an issue.

Trouble now is you could be waiting 5 days for the same problem to occur again.

Yeah, I don't get it. I re-entered the card info but now I have to basically sit back and wait and see if it goes thru this time. I've been doing business with Sideshow since 2004 and have never had a card issue... but that means nothing now.

I got the "card error" too, not declined, and my bank doesn't have a record of any attempt to charge so I'm hoping it's my fault and I put the card numbers in wrong. But I won't know until next Friday. Silly, because SS could have had my money last Friday.

Hmmm, if it declines a second time and they cancel your order, they'll keep the NRD, no?

Back