Sideshow 1/6th Tusken Raider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How's this?

SU1HMDEwNDAtMjAxMjEwMzAtMTE0Mi5qcGc.jpg

damn that looks awesome...............like a tusken going all matrix on luke in a dark cave....................:clap

nope you failed...........try again...............:wave

7-20.jpg

Excellent work Rory! I see what you meant about how the weathering and distressing came out... in the "wet" pics it looked a lot more ragged, but in the end is subtle, yet very effective.

Did you end up repainted the bandages on his head? The look to blend a bit better with the rest of the robes than I've seen with other pics.

damn that looks awesome...............like a tusken going all matrix on luke in a dark cave....................:clap

nope you failed...........try again...............:wave

This was supposed to be easy. :mad:

WAIT! Hold the phone!

Batty, Rory, King -- Eveyone clear a path for the new photographer extraordinaire!

The use of light... the angle... the fact that the picture isn't even upright... BRILLIANT!

Winner!

I want to believe you think it sucks. I really do, but barryo has made it so hard for me to believe in myself.

:monkey2

WAIT! Hold the phone!

Batty, Rory, King -- Eveyone clear a path for the new photographer extraordinaire!

The use of light... the angle... the fact that the picture isn't even upright... BRILLIANT!

Winner!

He totally cheated... I bet you that picture was originally oriented correctly and nice and bright, but he "fixed" it in photoshop to be so awesome :lecture

tusken raider guarding booze at the library underneath a full moon..................my god your artistic prowess knows no bounds..........:thud:

BA-RILL-YANT..........:lecture

WAIT! Hold the phone!

Winner!

The Raider is obviously taking a nap.

Excellent work Rory! I see what you meant about how the weathering and distressing came out... in the "wet" pics it looked a lot more ragged, but in the end is subtle, yet very effective.

Did you end up repainted the bandages on his head? The look to blend a bit better with the rest of the robes than I've seen with other pics.

Thanks man, yes it dries out very naturally, I've also added a layer of "dust" to the bottom of the fabric which looks great IMO.

regarding the head, I haven't done anything to it yet, the reason it blends better with the outfit is because I tinted all the fabric after distressing it. So it looks more in keeping with the head now.
Everything is just too bright, out of the box, ...except in Devil's pic below.

WAIT! Hold the phone!

Winner!

You are starting to loose some credibility as our in-house art critic now, unless you are into abstract post modern photography.

And where exactly are your pics mr Wor-Gar?
Dog eat them? :lol

I will see what I can do about taking the worst Tusken pic ever.
Shouldn't be hard, just do your best. :lol

How's this?

SU1HMDEwNDAtMjAxMjEwMzAtMTE0Mi5qcGc.jpg

there you go! I have seen worse though.. over in the DC thread.

Last edited:
regarding the head, I haven't done anything to it yet, the reason it blends better with the outfit is because I tinted all the fabric after distressing it. So it looks more in keeping with the head now.
Everything is just too bright, out of the box, ...except in Devil's pic below.

Interesting... makes distressing the robes an even more necessary step now that I see how much more the whole figure works afterward.

Interesting... makes distressing the robes an even more necessary step now that I see how much more the whole figure works afterward.

It's actually really easy to do with this figure Galactiboy.
You kinda can't go wrong if you over do it, Luke is trickier because you want a specific look, these guys look better if they are messed up.
And switching the body over to a TT works very easily as well.

Drat, my tusken parts came today (for various non tusken customs) but it has made me really want 1 of these guys, to weather up etc and have posed sniping. Also need to get Bossk for the BH lineup and a snowtrooper for being my favourite 3"3/4 figure as a kid... EXPENSIVE
Rory what kind of tt is yours on? just a normal one? not slim or anything

At least with the 1/6 tusken rifle I can now make a proper 1:1 ANH rifle

You are starting to loose some credibility as our in-house art critic now, unless you are into abstract post modern photography.

And where exactly are your pics mr Wor-Gar?
Dog eat them? :lol

I had credibility? :dunno

My amateur pics are long gone now, buried by the outstanding artwork since posted. I had hoped to futz him this past weekend but work intruded -- and will continue to do so for the next two weekends. Eager to try some of your tips though.

Back