Sideshow 1/6th Tusken Raider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All these pics made me order one. I was going to limit myself to just Jedi and Sith and clones, but this one is too good to pass up.

You're going to dirty the cloth up I take it? As it is it looks like he's done some hard desert yards before taking his kit into be drycleaned. The hems on both outer and inner robes need roughing up too, as they'd be dragging on the ground. Looking good so far though, can't say I've got the balls to do it myself.

Thanks. Yea, as I said loads to do still. I am going to dirty him up. I just wanted to get the robes started to see how he looked. I am really having fun with this one, great figure. I cant wait to pick up a couple more. :)

I started weathering my Tusken Raider today. Im not sure how far/how much Im going to do. I am also re-wrapping the feet. Loads to do still, but here are a few pics. He is still a bit damp from his bath.

DSC06848529x900.jpg

DSC06850900x828.jpg

DSC06853512x900.jpg

DSC06852840x900.jpg

Where is Weequay from?

Sent from my 10.1

Custom touches are looking real good, folks....

Me...I'm still enjoying this one just the way it is....

TUSKEN-RAIDER-12.gif

Awesome, awesome figure....

I had a chance to work with TR last night and nice figure from SS. The only "issue" would be the size of the body / head. It is displayed in shelf next to Dx Luke and I keep noticing how large the TR head is compared to Luke's :lol

Alot of the customs look great, but personally, I dont think I could bring myself to tear holes in the robe, the furthest I might be willing to go would be water treatment.

Honestly though, I am very happy with the way he is out of the box. All I felt mine neeed was a little tweaking of the robes.

Hats off to those who are brave enough to permanently alter a $100+ figure.

Alot of the customs look great, but personally, I dont think I could bring myself to tear holes in the robe, the furthest I might be willing to go would be water treatment.

Honestly though, I am very happy with the way he is out of the box. All I felt mine neeed was a little tweaking of the robes.

Hats off to those who are brave enough to permanently alter a $100+ figure.

It's not as though these guys are hopping straight into a custom weather job on a MISB figure without first having tried their hand on other stuff. Once you know how to rough up fabric with sandpaper and have done some water treatment and colouring, it wouldn't be hard to go to town on this figure.

I'm happy with this figure out of the box too, but I am tempted to pick up the robes from Toy Anxiety or some place and try these things out. Like you my balls are not yet substantial enough to mess around with the one example I have.

Get outside, man. Please. Is it still mucky where you are?

I will...but right now, it's rainy, slick and "mucky"...and snow is due up my way next week. Not exactly the kind of "outdoors" this Raider calls for...

Hoever, when the Snowtrooper arrives, I'm pretty sure I'll be ready for that.... :lol

Missed your post, excellent weathering Chak!

Lots of moths on Tatooine :lecture

It would appear so wouldnt it? :) Thanks King!!

I remember seeing Obi-Wan's robe in ANH with holes in it also. It will look better once I dirty him, fray the ends a bit more and finish weathering the seams.

I used a hobby knife, sandpaper and a small stone with rough edges to weather the robe. Im going to use pastels to add color and wash of acrylics to dirty him up. So far, lots of fun to work on.

Does anyone have screen captures of their outfit actually torn? Looks great, but not sure I recall seeing them that tattered in the movie!

They werent actually torn in the movies. I am just going with what I like. I picked up an extra robe for $8 in case I dont like it. :)

Back