Sideshow 1/6th Tusken Raider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my Tusken!
Just unboxed it and it looks like a damn fine figure!
The outfit is great and the ankles seem pretty tight so far.

Great figure by Sideshow.

Well, it seems I was a bit too hasty with my assessment...
The ankles are indeed loose as hell! But, to add insult to injury, the knees don't bend! :lol
But, you know what?
I'm not really minding that much...
I probably should, but damn, the figure just looks so beautiful on its stand, the gear and layers of clothing are so gorgeous... it really is a killer figure.
Hopefully one of these days Sideshow will figure out how to make decent bodies.

So I wrapped an extra strip of fabric around the neck just now and I really like the way it looks. It just made it thicker and covered any spots where the brown undersuit was showing.

Lucky...

:lol

But hey, you still love it -- which is an amazing thing in itself! :clap

:lol

As I said, the figure looks so freaking cool it's unbelievable!
I think that if you were to just see it on a stand and somebody told you it was a Hot Toys figure, you would have no trouble believing it.

null-22.jpg

Do you like the chipped point on the acorn end of the gaffi stick?

No, can't say I'm irritated in the slightest. The fact that the thing can't stand up on its own is the only nitpick I have with this figure. But I'm generally pretty easily pleased as far as detail goes.

So no one else has been irritated by the thin looking neck?

The oil filter around his neck obscures it mostly. And the neck wrap just needs a little futzing to expand it, much like Hammerhead's shawl.

No, can't say I'm irritated in the slightest. The fact that the thing can't stand up on its own is the only nitpick I have with this figure. But I'm generally pretty easily pleased as far as detail goes.

I think having this class of figure stand on its own is a plus but not essential. Once you get in the $150 range I wouldn't recommend free standing anything. Even this guy - as sturdy as he is - would have more weapons with broken tips if he took a Threepio-like tumble.

Mine looks like that as well, hadn't noticed it was chipped.

I didnt' even pay attention to that before. Weird.

Well, since I bought a loose one for one of my customs I'd rather it not be there.

It's not broken. That's the sculpt. Just pointing out how detailed it was.

I figured that was on par with the welding you can see on the other end. They did good.

I think having this class of figure stand on its own is a plus but not essential. Once you get in the $150 range I wouldn't recommend free standing anything. Even this guy - as sturdy as he is - would have more weapons with broken tips if he took a Threepio-like tumble.

I use fishing line to hold up figures that might be dive-prone, so no worries there. I just think that an action figure should be able to stand up on its own. Crikey. How hard can it be? Especially when you've been in the business for a few years.

It's not broken. That's the sculpt. Just pointing out how detailed it was.

I figured that was on par with the welding you can see on the other end. They did good.

I went to have a look at mine straight away on reading your post and saw that it was 'chipped'. Then I sat back and waited for the 'hey mine's chipped too!' posts roll in :lol

I use fishing line to hold up figures that might be dive-prone, so no worries there. I just think that an action figure should be able to stand up on its own. Crikey. How hard can it be? Especially when you've been in the business for a few years.

Yeah, I get you, but figs are often based on characters that - in the real world - simply couldn't stand on their own just due to the laws of physics. Not sure why figs based on them should be held to a different standard!

I went to have a look at mine straight away on reading your post and saw that it was 'chipped'. Then I sat back and waited for the 'hey mine's chipped too!' posts roll in :lol

That's weird - mine isn't chipped.

Yeah, I get you, but figs are often based on characters that - in the real world - simply couldn't stand on their own just due to the laws of physics. Not sure why figs based on them should be held to a different standard!

I'm talking humanoid figures though. Stormtrooper should be able to stand up surely :lol

That's weird - mine isn't chipped.

:lecture I'd get onto SSC for a replacement

Here's a shot of what I did to the neck:

null-23.jpg

Just a little fabric really filled in the gaps and provided more coverage. I gotta say, I'm really happy with this figure... Too bad it makes my other Tuskens look a little poor in comparison.

I absolutely love this guy!!
Outer robe is a bit too dark, but other than that, this guy is amazing!!! Will definitely water-treat this guy... and might weather it a little bit, but man! SS did a great job on this guy!! :rock!

I'll be getting a second one soon I hope! :D

Back