Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok ... what ever you say ....

Yeah he's right. The Pro body was developed entirely in-house by Sideshow with the armored body (as well as the hobbit body) being developed in conjunction with Hot Toys. You can see the obvious similarities between the armored body and the Hot Toys Truetype body as well as the obvious differences between those two bodies and the Pro body.

Andy is correct. The PRO body is not the same as the armor body. There was a side by side comparison which Sideshow had posted on their website and they seemed to really want to make it clear that while the armor was designed with Hot Toys, the PRO body was completely "in house".

Don't know if this has been answered, but does the belt come off?

Velcro!! Off and on again as many times as you like.

stormtrooper13.jpg

Just got mine. Love it!

Mini review:

GOOD: Love the articulation and the armor. Awesome to pose, awesome to finally have! Paint looks really good, even where i thought they would fudge it up.. can't wait to see if my regular one i got from alterego is just as good!

BAD: Really minor gripes. Ankles are the only loose thing on mine. And it isn't so much that they are loose, it is that they are too weak to hold such a heavy armored figure. Which is kind of a duh moment i guess. With the stand he looks great. I also noticed the back armor poofing out a bit. nothing a little tape like was mentioned wouldn't fix. And yes, be careful with the hands. they are bendy, but can still be messed up. My one trigger hand (thankfully the one i'm not using) has a slightly awkward bend to the trigger finger. I'm sure it could be just heated and warped into shape. We are talking the smallest of curves to it. With gun in hand, it looks great. But without, the finger just curves a little. probably just the way it got stuck in the package.

OVERALL: Awesome figure! I give it all the praise i wanted of it! Stormies are basic, but could have been screwed up bigtime. I think they hit this one out of the park, and I can't wait for my other one to arrive!

:banana:banana:banana:chew:chew:chew:chew

And to get this back on topic, I am bummed to hear about ANY loose joints on this body. Clone Obi was a great looking figure but hugely disappointing when I opened him and he was like a ragdoll. With the prices Sideshow is charging these days there should be no floppy joint issues, and I had hoped that had been cleared up for the Stormtrooper figure. It is a great body for armored characters from an articulation standpoint, I just wish there weren't issues with the joints being loose.

i know when i get mine,i will be posing them with ANH leia in front of them,with the cuffs on her hands ala ANH ;)

Other than my loose knee/ankle joints issue, he is impressive as a whole. The chest armor not hugging his body very well is a minor and easy fix. I really love the option to use HT/SSC ball jointed heads to add some character to unhelmeted Stormies.

I haven't tried but if the bottom portion of the neck joint comes off, than it is possible to use the older SSC sculpted necks via a HT "short" neck adapter.

FWIW, you guys with the regular Stormies aren't missing much. The Exclusive blaster is really cheap looking. Sideshow usually does a good job with their weapons, but there is no weathering, no detail, no nothing it looks Hasbroish.

And to get this back on topic, I am bummed to hear about ANY loose joints on this body. Clone Obi was a great looking figure but hugely disappointing when I opened him and he was like a ragdoll. With the prices Sideshow is charging these days there should be no floppy joint issues, and I had hoped that had been cleared up for the Stormtrooper figure. It is a great body for armored characters from an articulation standpoint, I just wish there weren't issues with the joints being loose.

Really? I have no major problems with him. He stands on his own very well, the only issue really is the left arm is a bit loose but I can pose it pretty well.

It's great to finally see in hand shots of this guy! Hopefully mine will be shipping soon as well. From the initial impressions he looks great - Thanks for posting the pics - can't wait to see more! :rock

Back