Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
your kiding me right ........ sort body .... $150 ..........

taller body .... $89 .... bedder looking

ok i have three for sale

They were $129 new, not $150. They also have better proportions and a much more accurately sculpted helmet, based on the Hero version. I've been hoping that people would start dumping their Medi Stormtroopers once the SS figure was finally released.

Other than my loose knee/ankle joints issue, he is impressive as a whole. The chest armor not hugging his body very well is a minor and easy fix. I really love the option to use HT/SSC ball jointed heads to add some character to unhelmeted Stormies.

I haven't tried but if the bottom portion of the neck joint comes off, than it is possible to use the older SSC sculpted necks via a HT "short" neck adapter.

FWIW, you guys with the regular Stormies aren't missing much. The Exclusive blaster is really cheap looking. Sideshow usually does a good job with their weapons, but there is no weathering, no detail, no nothing it looks Hasbroish.

Yeah, same here. No weathering on the exclusive. But really, I just wanted it for the heck of it. It's not exactly a MUST HAVE exclusive..
must.. stop.. being.. a completist... :)

Well, just got mine in and . . . . . I like the detail and feel of the armor, but Man! This thing is all over the place!:banghead

Good effort, but something needs to be done to get the armor to fit on the body a little more snug. Not too happy about the chest armor either. It just looks too big compared to the torso:horror

I'll post pics in a bit, but right now I'm already trying to figure out how I could fix this thing. It may be early, but as of now, I kinda prefer my Marmits over this:monkey3

Thursday cannot get here fast enough. (mine is due then.)

I can't stand that "ring" stand grasping the figure so I always turn it around and have the figure ever-so-lightly leaning against it for support. I hope the reported "loose joints" won't keep me from doing that.

FWIW, you guys with the regular Stormies aren't missing much. The Exclusive blaster is really cheap looking. Sideshow usually does a good job with their weapons, but there is no weathering, no detail, no nothing it looks Hasbroish.

Just comparing the blaster with the pistol from Tomandshell's pics you can see how they neglected the exclusive. Even if it did look good I doubt I'd ever display him with the pistol. Anyway I'm not getting an exclusive, so it doesn't matter to me.

So loose joints again?

Jesus SS!!

I'll post pics in a bit, but right now I'm already trying to figure out how I could fix this thing. It may be early, but as of now, I kinda prefer my Marmits over this:monkey3

Not good for something thats 2009 new. I don't think the pics look bad, but i have not felt it yet either. I hope it don't turn out to be flimsy.

In fairness, TK seems to mod a lot of figures, I don't know if that's a sign of the figure's quality.

I hope so, but this should blow the marmits away IMO. And be at least as good as Medicoms.

But with loose armor/ joints and paint coming off already it aint looking like it.

Looks good - great pics guys. I am happy with it, overall

My only concern - and it seems this has been sorta addressed with some futzing: the upper chest armor looks like it hangs a tad to low on the fig, almost covering up the middle (stomach) chest piece And the crotch piece looks a bit high in most pics.

Never had an issue with it... but theirs was a solid piece of vinyl, so it didn't really move much. Not sure if the Sideshow is a solid piece, or 2 sides held together at the shoulders?

Exactly. The marmit stormie is so tight fitting, you had to use a hair dryer to fit it over the body. Instructions actually showed pics of the illustrated hair dryer. I liked it like that, as it looks DEAD ON to the actually costumes.

Someone said the cod pieces look a little small on this one and I agree. Crotch area looks a tad small.

Intersting that the head is empty like that. I thought it might be a piece that fits over say a ball underneath.

Ya know I've yet to get a new body with loose joints. So it sounds like its totally random and not something of an epidemic. Looking at the pics this thing looks to be much better than the Medicom version which I own.

when i get home ima take some pics with my medi RotJ Vader...hopefully Vader isnt the same height as the stormie

I don't think its random so much as a reflection on what people's expectations are. I know people were saying that Clonobi was loose and, while he wasn't as tight as my HT Supes, he was tight enough and he held every pose I gave him.

So really I think its more that the Trooper isn't "as tight" as the TT or Medi's, rather than he is too loose.

Cup 1/2 empty vs 1/2 full in other words.

As I said earlier, mine stands up on its own. You can't pose him doing the limbo, but mine won't fall over if he's posed upright without the stand. And had I been more careful, I could have avoided scratching the paint. So with that in mind, I'm extremely happy with this figure.

I don't think its random so much as a reflection on what people's expectations are. I know people were saying that Clonobi was loose and, while he wasn't as tight as my HT Supes, he was tight enough and he held every pose I gave him.

So really I think its more that the Trooper isn't "as tight" as the TT or Medi's, rather than he is too loose.

Cup 1/2 empty vs 1/2 full in other words.

WHatever you want to call it I've not had one of the new figures loose a pose since I put them up. That means it works for me. Compare that to my GTG figure which his right arm can't hold a pose because it is loose. That figure is on the buck I know.

Ok. here are some of mine. The light in my room sucks right now, and my flash was going nuts on this, because of the armor. But I got a couple that you can see some detail in. Sorry they are not better, i know you are all dying to get yours! I can take some pics if you have a request, but they might not turn out great. just let me know.

IMG_3430.jpg

IMG_3434.jpg

IMG_3435.jpg

IMG_3437.jpg

IMG_3440.jpg

IMG_3442.jpg

IMG_3443.jpg

IMG_3444.jpg

more:

IMG_3445.jpg

IMG_3447.jpg

IMG_3449.jpg

IMG_3452.jpg

IMG_3456.jpg

IMG_3457.jpg

excuse the horrid tone of my flesh in that picture. It was the only way i could get any sort of resolution on that tiny little gun.. anyways.. that is all i could fire off before my card filled up. It is clear now though, so i'm good to go. I'll try some more later.

Back