Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, my trooper has been laying on the floor for the past month stripped down and laying in pieces, waiting for me to futz with it. I boiled the chest plate, put some velcro on the back, put some of the soft side of the velcro on the shin armor to give it a little extra friction to hold it in place, and removed the straps on the shoulder armor, the bicep armor holds it in place.

And of course, the pictures don't really show any of it :p But, it works a lot better now. I tried to tighten some of the joints and so far, so good. Knock on wood, he's been standing for about a half hour now, which is longer than he had before.

futzedtroopery.jpg

Just a tip i guess if you guys want, If you decide to put future on it..i would say dip the armor in a bowl filled with future(half the bottle for me) then take the piece out with tweezers and hold it for a sec to drip and let it sit..its a perfect coat each time, no screwing around with a brush.

Well, my trooper has been laying on the floor for the past month stripped down and laying in pieces, waiting for me to futz with it. I boiled the chest plate, put some velcro on the back, put some of the soft side of the velcro on the shin armor to give it a little extra friction to hold it in place, and removed the straps on the shoulder armor, the bicep armor holds it in place.

And of course, the pictures don't really show any of it :p But, it works a lot better now. I tried to tighten some of the joints and so far, so good. Knock on wood, he's been standing for about a half hour now, which is longer than he had before.

futzedtroopery.jpg

I hope he is still standing by the time I send this reply. :D

From the photo the improvement is obvious enough to me, great pose.:)

Just a tip i guess if you guys want, If you decide to put future on it..i would say dip the armor in a bowl filled with future(half the bottle for me) then take the piece out with tweezers and hold it for a sec to drip and let it sit..its a perfect coat each time, no screwing around with a brush.

Pardon my ignorance, what is future? I assume some sort of gloss?

Luis

Here is mine with two coats of Future, all pieces were dipped and submerged in Future instead of using a brush, the body is still loose after i tried tightening the screws, anyone got a idea on fixing the loose ankles?..pics are kinda sheety, i also ripped the straps off the shoulder bells(all of them) and re-positioned the smaller ones in the bells to the center and glued them back with super glue, touched up the mic tips aswell.

xgdv8k.jpg

33kc5g5.jpg

2ni2qld.jpg

209siv7.jpg

2u4knl3.jpg

30tjpqb.jpg

2itn0p2.jpg

And..a couple more.

zxpnxc.jpg

17pbw1.jpg

vie3k2.jpg

And yes!, i know his thermal detenator is not on him in the last pic.

Here are mine with one coat of Future gloss. I used a sponge brush -very easy and very worth while. I need to get some velcro on that body armor though. Mine sticks way out.

These are the first pics I have ever posted here. Don't seem to be very good at it.

picture.php
[/IMG]

picture.php

Just to let you know, submerging the armor in the future helped pieces stay on the body more, i noticed this more so in the thigh pieces, the coating inside gives it a bit of friction on the body glove and helps some pieces stay better in place without the need for velcro or anything, i did not use any velcro or anything at all to hold anything in place.

If you dipped the armor in the future how did you prevent it from getting gloopy (for lack of a better word)?

I just dipped it in to cover it all(very slowly to prevent bubbles getting on it) then slowy lift it out and let it drip for a min, then i used foil cone bases to put most of the armor on to let it dry, i waited 7hrs between each coat...this stuff is not that "gloopy" its pretty watery actually..as it dries it gets sticky then finally goes smooth and dry.

Got my Stormtrooper today. I went to my local Wal-Mart and they don't carry Future :mad: Will try Target tomorrow. After futzing (boiling the chest armor and using velcro) I'm pleased with him. Will need another for Vader, but apparently I'll have time to get another as Vader keeps getting pushed back.

Back