Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does this armor make me look buff?

See how much it sticks out over the torso armor?

- J

couldn't resist..
Princesses love shiny things.. right? :)
IMG_3466.jpg

"uhh.. you know I still have to take you to Lord Vader.. right?"

They were $129 new, not $150. They also have better proportions and a much more accurately sculpted helmet, based on the Hero version. I've been hoping that people would start dumping their Medi Stormtroopers once the SS figure was finally released.

Quick shot next to the Medi-Trooper.

100_0122.jpg

I'm thinking the SS Stormie looks far superior proportion-wise. I have a Medi-Sandtrooper and like this Medi-Stormtrooper it has itty bitty legs.

Quick shot next to the Medi-Trooper.

100_0122.jpg

These two were based on different helmets, so they can't fairly be judged against one another, just on the real helmets. That aside, what is going on with the lower body on the SS piece? The codpiece dimensions and the length of the thigh pieces are just off, and the left-knee diamond is large. The chest piece looks to be too large as well.

Now, while I am being very critical in my analysis, don't let that take away from what any of you think about it. I have a life-size picture here that I'm using for reference. I do realize that reproducing it in 1/6 and making it able to pose is difficult. The Marmits still have the best sculpts, though I do wish their feet were seperate.

hey,to ALL you guys sending pics in....THANKYOU
it is appreciated...especially when i know mine will be on a plane soon to Aus...it makes the wait more bearable!!!

Hate to say it but the Medi looks proportionately more accurate, even if he is a little short for a Stormtrooper.

Hate to say it but the Medi looks proportionately more accurate, even if he is a little short for a Stormtrooper.

It seems like the Medicom helmet is riding way too high (in addition too being to tall and thin for a more rounded human head). That Stormtrooper would have to have an extremely long neck. The SS trooper helmet seems to be sitting at a more natural spot in relation to your neck, chin and shoulders.

SS have nailed the helmet, the medi version looks deformed.

Thanks for all the pics guys! Looks great! Can't wait to get mine, but I do wish they would have made a way to connect the front to the back of the chest armor so that it would lay down a little better in the front and the back. I'm hopeful that a little "top stick" tape will do the trick or good pose will cover it up.

Back