Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone considered buffing up their Stormtroopers armour with a little metal polish? It saves mucking around with varnish etc and the results are excellent !

The effect doesn't particularly show up well on the photos , but I think you can get the general idea! The polish I used is called "PEEK" , but any abrasive "paste-like" polish or even "Brasso" would have the same result.
001-6.jpg

003-4.jpg

Looks good. It still amazed me how Leia alone looks like crap. But when she is posed with someone else and in context she looks... well... less like crap. :lol

The effect doesn't particularly show up well on the photos , but I think you can get the general idea! The polish I used is called "PEEK" , but any abrasive "paste-like" polish or even "Brasso" would have the same result.
001-6.jpg

003-4.jpg

Thanks! He does look better, I'm just nervous about applying anything to the plastic and damaging the surface.

This will tighten some joints but it does nothing for the knees, ankles and sometimes its useless on the hips too...and these are the mail loose joints that really need addressing.

Be careful not to overtighten your screws.

I wrapped the knees in tape and also created some "Tape washers" for the ankles - It's an improvement, but not perfect.

Im quite happy using the stands tbh. I will have a go at making them a bit more polished and shiny at some point though. I reshaped the chests already, they look alot better now.

I do love these Stormies i got 6 of em in different poses :D Just waiting for my vader and Sandies now.

Im quite happy using the stands tbh. I will have a go at making them a bit more polished and shiny at some point though. I reshaped the chests already, they look alot better now.

I do love these Stormies i got 6 of em in different poses :D Just waiting for my vader and Sandies now.
:horror

Lucky S.O.B!

Note to self: Must work harder - buy more toy's!

Vader and a couple of sandies on the way tho...:naughty

Thanks! He does look better, I'm just nervous about applying anything to the plastic and damaging the surface.
The polish shouldn't attack the plastic as long as you thouroughly wash it after . The polish works as an abrasive rather than a chemical agent .

Here is a few more pics of this figure, i like it best at these angles.

2wnz9xh.jpg

jv0nyw.jpg

2liy2wm.jpg

Yeah that does look sweeeet Valfar :joy

:horror

Lucky S.O.B!

Note to self: Must work harder - buy more toy's!

Vader and a couple of sandies on the way tho...:naughty

I got 4 originally then brought 2 more, i nrly got more but i had to resist. Plus i want all the other stormie types yet. Apart from the occasional Hot Toys fig im not collecting much else nowadays. Btw your only 25 mins down the road from me :D

Yeah that does look sweeeet Valfar :joy

I got 4 originally then brought 2 more, i nrly got more but i had to resist. Plus i want all the other stormie types yet. Apart from the occasional Hot Toys fig im not collecting much else nowadays. Btw your only 25 mins down the road from me :D

HI Bob. yeah I just realised we're neighbours!

If any of your Stormies ever want a holiday over the county line, just march 'em on over, I'm sure I can make room for them! :stormtroo :stormtroo :stormtroo :stormtroo :stormtroo :stormtroo

Remember guys to paint the head bands a matte black as these are made of rubber and are not polished.

Remember guys to paint the head bands a matte black as these are made of rubber and are not polished.

I am well aware of that but, screw it!..i did enough to the figure to make it passable in my book...maybe paint it to have the rubber look some other day.

Darthgothikus them there shots is loverly.. Most inspiring. You ave made me want to spend some time on my one and get him lookin good. Cheers man.

Dorgmal

I need to find neighbours like u and Bob

Darthgothikus them there shots is loverly.. Most inspiring. You ave made me want to spend some time on my one and get him lookin good. Cheers man.

Dorgmal

I need to find neighbours like u and Bob

:D If your ever out West mate, swing by I'll gladly buy you a beer!:peace

Back