Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Knowing Dorgmal he'd turn up in a X-wing :rotfl

Which he would have made out of an egg box, a coat hanger & some sticky-back-plastic, and it would look better than anything Mr Lucas had a hand in, and it would probably fly him home on autopilot after he'd drunk himself bandy!

What a man.

Which he would have made out of an egg box, a coat hanger & some sticky-back-plastic, and it would look better than anything Mr Lucas had a hand in, and it would probably fly him home on autopilot after he'd drunk himself bandy!

What a man.

Yep Dorgs is the man alright, i'll look out the window 1 day and see the Deathstar orbiting Earth and know its Dorgs :D

Question re: SS Stormtrooper

Sorry in advance if these questions have been answered elsewhere - I did a search but found no specific threads. I just received my stormtrooper, purchased brand new via ebay, and noticed somel QC issues. The worst problem is that some of the plastic on the lower helmet (one of the two "circles" with black dots) is chipped/damaged, possibly during the molding process. this can probably be sanded down, but may require some putty/filling. There are also some more minor plastic imperfections such as mold lines.

My first question is whether Sideshow will replace the defective helmet. I know they have good customer service, but wasnt sure if people have had a similar issue with this fig and had Sideshow take care of it.

My second question is whether anyone has done a repaint of the armor. Id like to fix all the problems, but this would require paint touch ups on the plastic armor. Ideally I'd like the paint to match up so I can just touch up w/o a full repaint, but was curious what people's experiences were.

Thx in advance

Niko

Re: Question re: SS Stormtrooper

as far as painting the armor goes, no idea. your best bett would likely be a TOTAL repait there.

as far as replacements go, since you got it from a 3rd party retailer, they MIGHT do it, but they'd make you pay shipping.

had you bought direct from sideshow, they would have replaced the entire figure, and done it at no cost to you.

They look cool you have the movie poses down really nice, and that setup is sweeet.

I do love how you can pose them and they look individual, i love my SS Stormies :chew

Thnkyou! I had them set up as book ends almost at first but it didn't look right, once I got my clone and saw how well it posed I had to redo these guys, going for deliberating individual stances, I think it works this time rather then the identical stances as before

Re: Question re: SS Stormtrooper

Sorry in advance if these questions have been answered elsewhere - I did a search but found no specific threads. I just received my stormtrooper, purchased brand new via ebay, and noticed somel QC issues. The worst problem is that some of the plastic on the lower helmet (one of the two "circles" with black dots) is chipped/damaged, possibly during the molding process. this can probably be sanded down, but may require some putty/filling. There are also some more minor plastic imperfections such as mold lines.

My first question is whether Sideshow will replace the defective helmet. I know they have good customer service, but wasnt sure if people have had a similar issue with this fig and had Sideshow take care of it.

My second question is whether anyone has done a repaint of the armor. Id like to fix all the problems, but this would require paint touch ups on the plastic armor. Ideally I'd like the paint to match up so I can just touch up w/o a full repaint, but was curious what people's experiences were.

Thx in advance

Niko

My trooper had some damage to the chestplate , which I sanded smooth with a fine sanding pad and re-sprayed with Halfords White Primer . I had no problem matching the rest of the armour as I polished it all with an abrasive polish . In short , yes you can touch up without having to spray the entire suit .

To the people who have got this figure, is he worth getting?
I regretted cancelling my pre-order for this, now I am tempted to get it.

I regretted cancelling my pre-order for this, now I am tempted to get it.

I like em so much i got 6 :stormtroo:stormtroo:stormtroo:stormtroo:stormtroo:stormtroo

The Marmit and medicom ones are still nice so its all down to preference. The Marmit ones are expensive now and damn hard to get hold off as well, and the medicom ones are still quite pricey as well.

I have a similar question. I apologize in advance, I am sure this has been covered but I rarely visit these forums. I didn't find my question in search.

I stopped collecting SS Star Wars because a perceived lack of quality. However, I am considering a return to SS armored line but I wonder if it is worth the investment.

I have the Medi clones and I am not impressed with their lack of articulation & cost. I am intrigued with SS released Stormtrooper & Utapau clone and the upcoming Vader, Sandtrooper & Shocktrooper. Are the figures good in terms of quality, representation? Can they be displayed nicely alongside Medicom's clones without a huge height / bulk difference?

Thanks

I have both jango and boba from medicom, whilst jango poses and looks good boba poses like crap, so im swapping out their bodies.

That aside next to the sideshow Stormtoopers they do look small in frame and height, but posed in front instead of next to them their fine. Im not going to collect any of the clones cos i haven't the room for them, thats reserved for the OT imperial troops i hope SS makes. But from what ive seen the Medicom clones are quite a bit bigger and can fit in nicely with SS figs.

As for the quality of the SS stormies well i love em tbh, they have good articulation pose failry solidly and look good. Yes you might have to reshape the chest armour a bit, which takes 1 minute to boil the kettle, 20 secs of holding it in boiling water, then another 20 secs to squeeze it gently with your fingers and hold it under a cold tap. And yes people say it needs a gloss, tbh i think their fine and im not fussed.

If theres anyone who can post a pic of the Medi clones next to some SS stormies or Utapau clone that would be cool.

Last edited:
I have the Medi clones and I am not impressed with their lack of articulation & cost. I am intrigued with SS released Stormtrooper & Utapau clone and the upcoming Vader, Sandtrooper & Shocktrooper. Are the figures good in terms of quality, representation? Can they be displayed nicely alongside Medicom's clones without a huge height / bulk difference?

Thanks

here are some comparo photos of medi's shock trooper and SSC's utapau trooper. I dont think there would be any problem displayed together.

As for quality I think SSC's trooper is very well done. The armor and sculpt are very detailed and the paint op are better. The trooper certainly has better range of articulation with the new base body, but you might get one with very loose joints and there is not an easy fix for that. Anyways, for the price they are totally worth it and the weapons are way nicer.

(tk pics)

3506975629_b546b61817_o.jpg
3507796244_1fd74fea82_o.jpg

3507782926_12e7dc05af_o.jpg

3506975961_cbdb41ddab_o.jpg

3506976177_7ddca68743_o.jpg

Back