Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The SSC one has crisper detail but the Marmit still is simply the best no doubt!!!

Considering the fact that Marmits Stormie came out in the year 2000..i can let the duller detail slide more for it being 9 years old and still the most canon looking Stormie ever made.

does anybody have any tips or link on how to modify the ssc stormtrooper helmet to make it fit a regular sculpted head. gonna try that body swap with the slim truetype and dont really want to mess up the helmet.

"I agree to pay shipping charges for my prize, and the shipping terms & conditions below, unless otherwise specified in the contest description."

International shipping with Sideshow could cost almost as much as a new figure.:banghead

As opposed to paying for both the figure and international shipping? :huh

By the time it got here u may as well have brought them off some online shops a few months back is what hes saying, cos the price will be similar.

As opposed to paying for both the figure and international shipping? :huh

As opposed to paying for a figure and local shipping, no other customs taxes or VAT taxes. If you make a contest then make it like eFX when you could win an expensive helmet and no shipping costs. There is not just international shipping, but 19% tax and customs charges and since SS ships through FedEx (the same FedEx who damaged my Vader in customs) you cannot avoid these. I wish you would live in EU and then talk back. :rolleyes:

change to a HT slim body...

P1010516.jpg

"You like it? Looks the same to me but only benefit I can see and why I am doing it is so it stands on its own."

i was thinking the same thing... is there a point for the body swap if one's SST body is already tight?

What did you do, Bob?

I used black tape to secure any loose joints, but not so tight that u cant move them anymore. It was mainly the top part of the knee and the waist on my troops. I then used hot glue on the feet because thats what makes them fall over the most. All 6 of mine have been standing up for a few weeks now, i can even give them a slight nudge and they still wont fall over.

DSC00213.jpg

DSC00214.jpg

DSC00205.jpg

You like it? Looks the same to me but only benefit I can see and why I am doing it is so it stands on its own.

Yup I like it so much better now. For sure, it is more sturdy now. All joints are tight and posing him is not a problem anymore. I can put back the stand in the box. He seems to have more neck. The shoulder armor falls nicely. Arm and leg armor fit tightly.

"You like it? Looks the same to me but only benefit I can see and why I am doing it is so it stands on its own."

i was thinking the same thing... is there a point for the body swap if one's SST body is already tight?

guess you are one of those lucky one to have a tight body....dont swap if your SST body is tight. The rest you can so simple mod.

did you sand the true types foot peg to fit the troopers boot?

I drill the hole slightly bigger and apply a bit of force to have the foot peg in. Read someone in a forum to dip the shoe in hot water and then slot in the peg. You can try that first.

Back