Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No noticeable differences from those photos. But f your body is floppy it might be worth it. Luckily both my STs were fine.

You would have to sand down parts of the body.

The look is subtle, but I bet the body is more stable.

Definitely....u know if you have a hot toys figure....damn stable...and hold any pose you can out of the figure...

I've got my Stormtrooper on order , so I have been reading this thread with great interest.
I just wanted to say a 'thankyou' to you guys for sharing all your tips , photo's and experiences with this fine piece. It will give me some confidence in altering mine should I need to with the help given here. Cheers.

I received my replacement hands for both my Stormtroopers: the exclusive ordered directly from Sideshow and the regular received from BBTS. Great customer service!

24e2ds7.jpg

I received my replacement hands for both my Stormtroopers: the exclusive ordered directly from Sideshow and the regular received from BBTS. Great customer service!

24e2ds7.jpg

That's Great! I just sent an email to Customer Service to request my replacements. I'm assuming the SDCC Han and Luke will have the newer 'black plastic' hands, but just in case, I requested replacements for those in the event that they HAVEN'T been cast in black plastic.

Re: Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper replacement hands

I'm sure this has probably already been covered here, but Sideshow has replacement hands for the Stormtrooper cast in black plastic! I read about it here.

I sent customer service an e-mail and they are sending me a set, no charge!

Would they still replace mine even if I didn't buy it directly from Sideshow?

I sent them an email saying that I got my two Stormies from one of their distributers (Alter Ego) and they already wrote back saying they'll take care of it! :rock

I sent them an email saying that I got my two Stormies from one of their distributers (Alter Ego) and they already wrote back saying they'll take care of it! :rock

Great! I got mine from Alter Ego as well, so I'll send them an email.

One of the sets seen in my picture above are for the regular stormtrooper which I got from BBTS not SS. And they sent replacement hands for that one too.

Sideshow sent my package with the replacement hands for the Stormtooper to Norway instead of Romania. :lol At least the postal code and the rest of the address worked fine and it arrived to me.

sdodao.jpg

I'm sure this has probably already been covered here, but Sideshow has replacement hands for the Stormtrooper cast in black plastic! I read about it here.

I sent customer service an e-mail and they are sending me a set, no charge!

Thanks for the heads-up. Just sent the email as well. I ordered via Sideshow so I gave them my order number, just to be safe.

I've got my Stormtrooper on order , so I have been reading this thread with great interest.
I just wanted to say a 'thankyou' to you guys for sharing all your tips , photo's and experiences with this fine piece. It will give me some confidence in altering mine should I need to with the help given here. Cheers.

Welcome to the Freaks board, Manticore72c! Definitely some great tips found throughout the forum.

I just made a request for replacement hands for all 8 of my stormtroopers. I hope they honor it.

"8"?! :horror

Would love to see a pic of how you've got them displayed.

"8"?! :horror

Would love to see a pic of how you've got them displayed.

I havent got them displayed at the moment. I am rearranging my room and I am not sure how Im going to display my SS 1/6 collection. I have every piece in the line so far so with multiples of some of them.

I will post once I figure it all out.

Got an email back from Sideshow within 24 hours of me requesting two sets of hands.

They said as I bought through a dealer in the UK would I pay for postage, If it's only a few bucks I said fine so waiting for a shipping quote.

But as everyone always says... damn fine customer service!

EDIT: $10 to ship 8 hands to the UK. The man from Del Monte, He say yes!

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up on the replacement hands, I just requested two sets. Hopefully I can still get them. I've only had minor surface chips so far, but I'm so paranoid about moving the guns I think they've been in their hands since they arrived.

Back