Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few more.

100_0133.jpg

100_0134.jpg

100_0136.jpg

Using Dharper's pic and a publicity scan I have made this comparison of the SSC Stormie vs an ANH screen used helmet.

storm.jpg

Damn, this figure turned out great!!! I ended up canceling, but will track at least one down later.

Great pix everyone!

Quick shot next to the Medi-Trooper.

100_0122.jpg

Based on this pic, the only thing I like better on the Medi is the bottom of their helmet. I don't like how SSC just used silver paint on the wire-mesh parts. I believe Medi did--although I can't remember for sure.

Still, the helmet on the SSC is most definitely fuller and more accurate.

Also, Tom's pics do make it seem as though the joints are significantly tighter this time. If he's saying the ankles are a little loose and the figure was STILL able to support itself and another figure without a stand, then they seem just fine to me.

damn...........looks just like a stormtrooper..........:chew

my 2 are still processing....... :cuss:cuss:cuss

Quick shot next to the Medi-Trooper.

100_0122.jpg

The only part that I prefer on the Medicom version, based on this pic, is the cod piece. For some reason the shape and size of the Sideshow cod piece makes it stand out more. I MUCH prefer Sideshow's helmet over Medicom's.

that shot of the medi and SS stormies could be customized to be Han and Luke and would be pretty accurate sizes for them.

These two were based on different helmets, so they can't fairly be judged against one another, just on the real helmets. That aside, what is going on with the lower body on the SS piece? The codpiece dimensions and the length of the thigh pieces are just off, and the left-knee diamond is large. The chest piece looks to be too large as well.

Now, while I am being very critical in my analysis, don't let that take away from what any of you think about it. I have a life-size picture here that I'm using for reference. I do realize that reproducing it in 1/6 and making it able to pose is difficult. The Marmits still have the best sculpts, though I do wish their feet were seperate.

Let the excuses begin. The pics pretty much show while the Medicom trooper is a nice piece but pretty clearly the lesser of the two pieces.

For comparison purposes, I've expertly photoshopped a Medicom and a Sideshow Stormtrooper into this picture. Can you find them?

watermark.php

Back