Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_086.jpg

I prefer marmit's ST in your pix as well. One thing I do like on the SS ST is the shoulder pad. they cover more biceps which look more screen accurate to me. But yeah, overall, I really dislike how some of the armor fits on the SS ST. Particularly the leg armors and I think that might have to do more with the base body and not the armor. It just feels that articulation was placed more important than appearance so SSC made the legs really thin to enable the trooper more movement sacrificing the look. The way the legs armor jets out from the thigh around the crotch area just look weird, like a mannequin wearing the armor instead of a body. Kinda reminds me of how buck was.

Anyways, this is still a long way since SSC started the sw line, it may not be perfect IMO but still a pretty decent ST.

cool pix, btw. thank you for posting the comparison shots.

Two things I really do prefer about the marmit based on your pic:

The glossy texture. The protos were glossy! Why not the production pieces? Sideshow knows how to make glossy plastic. Take a look at the T-1000's Buck body! So why not glossy now? :confused:

The codpiece is pretty distracting. The odd size and shape actually bring more attention to it 'down there'. I hope they fix this in future revisions, including for the sandtrooper.

I'm a big fan of the Marmit. That said, I see pros and cons on both figures.

As has been mentioned, the cod piece is better on the Marmit. In fact, from the waist down its better.

BUT, seeing them side by side like this, I do prefer the helmet on the SS version. I like the chest armor but I do think the torso armor is too slim.

Glad to have both.

Just not feeling this. Armor looks like it doesn't fit the body. What the heck happened? The last pics released looked fine but release version does not look like a $90 figure. $60 to 70 maybe. I'm actually fearing Vader now and not for the right reasons.

Chest armor could be fixed with a little boiling water :D Plus a little glossy coat might do wonders
I agree that from the waist down, it just doesnt look right. Beside the crotch the left knee is not acurate.

Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_086.jpg

The codpiece really look weird. Besides that I would prefer Sideshow's. The imperfections made the figure perfect, not forgetting StormTroopers are actual people fitted in movie props and not computer generated.:cool:

Last edited:
this will be my first 12inch stormtrooper BESIDES the Medi Sandtrooper...I luv the SS one,what's NOT to like ;)

This will be my first SS figure, not too excited from the pics I've seen. But will determine my final
thoughts when I get this in hand. Most of the armor looks great and some parts I can say otherwise.
As I'm also alittle nervous on Vaders finished product.

These are some of my Troopers for now:

marmitST2.JPG

marmitst1.JPG

vader2trpr2.jpg

vader2trprANH.jpg

One of my favorite inspiration pics of the Stormies.
StormtrooperCorps_anh1080p.jpg

I am glad i bought my Medicom stormtrooper a few years ago, it totally kills this POS SSC made. and i paid close to the same price for my Medicom Stormtrooper...i think the helmet on the SS one looks like sheet, just crap and the armor is just not fitting right on it as it seems, all that medicom bashing..i think the table has slightly turned, SS needs to hand over the 1/6th star wars rights to Hot toys.

Wow.. never realized how much medicom fans get their panties in a bunch when you tell them you like the sideshow stormie better! :p

I can see some of the qualities that you guys would like in the Marmets.. but really.. I think the SS looks a lot better for the most part. I like the fact that the armor actually looks like it is on someone who is wearing it, like in the movies. Everything else with the super tight armor just makes me think of this POS vinyl han in stormtrooper thing i have from years back. Like it is all cast in one stiff mold.

*shrug*

Oh well. Just our opinions. And even if I don't agree with a lot of you, I still love hearing all of this, and seeing the wonderful pictures! Honestly, my stormie has me so happy and content that I can't even be irritated!

I am glad i bought my Medicom stormtrooper a few years ago, it totally kills this POS SSC made. and i paid close to the same price for my Medicom Stormtrooper...i think the helmet on the SS one looks like sheet, just crap and the armor is just not fitting right on it as it seems, all that medicom bashing..i think the table has slightly turned, SS needs to hand over the 1/6th star wars rights to Hot toys.

Check your source material mate, the headgear on this stormie is Based on the ANH version of the helmet, which was very different from the one the troopers wore in ROTJ, which is AFAIK the version the medi troopers wear. Compareing green apples to red apples.

This will be my first SS figure, not too excited from the pics I've seen. But will determine my final
thoughts when I get this in hand. Most of the armor looks great and some parts I can say otherwise.
As I'm also alittle nervous on Vaders finished product.

These are some of my Troopers for now:

Welcome to the Freaks board Sewbacca we need your sort of scum here :wave

From what I've seen, I got a couple of concerns which may fade with time & a couple with futzing, mainly the helmet looks off and the cod piece (freakishly small), I'm happy with a couple of the photos but not others, I guess I'll have to wait till in hand like usual to really tell

sad SS cant make every one happy ... sorry SS ...... keep working at it :lol

Never gonna happen. :lol

There is one pic where a cod piece is actually similar to the SS item just above so it is possible they aren't all the same. However, I think that was done with articulation in mind. Now, that something folks have asked about and I'm going to assume have gotten with this piece, but now some complain because it might have to toss the look off some. You can't have it both ways really.

Wow.. never realized how much medicom fans get their panties in a bunch when you tell them you like the sideshow stormie better! :p

That's why they're called medikids. :lol

Back