Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hoping with some hot water or a blowdryer, the chest piece can be bent more inwards

I am hoping for the same. My opinion is reserved until I have my stormie in hand, but inital impressions disappoint slightly compared to the proto pics.....

SS needs to get their ^^^^ figured out at the factory level....final products just aren't consistent.

Man, I'm very disappointed that there is no glossy finish to the SS version. I was hoping they would be glossy like the version shown on the SS site. Maybe the ROTJ or ESB versions will have a glossy finish to them (if they ever do them) and I hope they fix that codpiece. I still prefer the SS version to the Medicom.

SS needs to get their ^^^^ figured out at the factory level....final products just aren't consistent.

I totally agree. More often than not, (major) things are lost in translation from prototype to production.

Here's a shot I took at SDCC. I don't see a real difference in the armor from then to now.

IMG_9398-1.jpg

Looks pretty much like the images we've seen before. Part of it really is how you pose the figure and futz with the armor. I know on the Marmit kit the shoulder armor had a tendency to slip around which would look funny if too low. But once you found a pose if you did a little futzing he'd be great.

In that con pic, the chest armor sits beautifully on the figure....and yeah, I am waiting to see if futzing will replicate how that looks....so aside from that and the mic having wayyyyy too much silver paint, they look pretty close.

Looks about teh same as the SDCC pic Josh posted except for the shine. How come no one pointed out the cod piece then?

Looks about teh same as the SDCC pic Josh posted except for the shine. How come no one pointed out the cod piece then?

I wondered that too... no mention of the cod piece from the con or from the pre-order images in which now looking at them show the same design. I really think if you position the thigh armor right (a bit higher up) its something you'd never notice.

Also at least on the Sideshow pre-order images on the frontal shots you can see the chest armor has a flare to it as well.

Don't have mine in hand yet, but I was wondering if the codpiece can be moved up or down a little. Maybe it's just riding too high in some of the pics already posted. Also I think the thigh armor falling closer to the knees just accentuates the codpeice. Maybe if the thigh armor was moved up a bit and the codpiece was moved down a bit in the pics where the codpiece looks wierd it would help. Just a thought. I think futzing with the armor is going to be key in getting it to look right. I just wish the armor had the same gloss to it as those at SDCC.

I wondered that too... no mention of the cod piece from the con or from the pre-order images in which now looking at them show the same design. I really think if you position the thigh armor right (a bit higher up) its something you'd never notice.

Also at least on the Sideshow pre-order images on the frontal shots you can see the chest armor has a flare to it as well.

The in hand pics we have seen since yesterday seems to show the chest piece flaring out way more than the con pic. Its making the cod piece look smaller than it is... and in Stormie's defense, its really cold in the Death Star....:horror

The Marmits are fantastic, no doubt.

SS's looks good except for the COD and lack of shine, which I just noticed as well. I think I'll give it a good airbrush dose of "Future" which will not only provide the necessary gloss but provide an excellent UV barrier, which will keep the white armor from turning yellow with time.

I guess I'm not as hardcore of a fan as some of you, I think it looks fantastic and can't wait to get mine today. Not trying to be a Sideshow Cheerleader I just don't see the major issues just by looking at it. :dunno:

I guess I'm not as hardcore of a fan as some of you, I think it looks fantastic and can't wait to get mine today. Not trying to be a Sideshow Cheerleader I just don't see the major issues just by looking at it. :dunno:

I think I'm like you. I don't see these major issues. Which is why I prefer the level of fandom I have with things I suppose. I get more enjoyment out of my product. Some think I'm a cheerleader already so it doesn't matter for me on that aspect. :lol

You can be a cheerleader all you want as long as you look like one of the girls in your sig :lol

Back