Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never gonna happen. :lol

There is one pic where a cod piece is actually similar to the SS item just above so it is possible they aren't all the same. However, I think that was done with articulation in mind. Now, that something folks have asked about and I'm going to assume have gotten with this piece, but now some complain because it might have to toss the look off some. You can't have it both ways really.

That's why they're called medikids. :lol

Sure Josh, let's stereotype all Medicom collectors eh.

If you were kidding you should put a "wink" not a "LOL".

But I believe you if you say you are and my apologies.

:cool:

The small cod piece seems to really be the only visible snafu with the Stormie. It's throwing off the upper and lower body proportions. But you don't notice it when it's dynamically posed. I do like the bulk of the chest armor; it seems to be pretty accurate from the movie pics and the ANH helmet looks fantastic.

I didn't order this, but I think it's a nice-looking figure.

Well, I was really excited when I got the confirmation that my Exclusive Stormtrooper arrived. That pretty much changed after openning the figure.

I give Sideshow credit for this attempt, but Man! This figure isn't really proportioned well; definitely not one of Sideshow's best :(

The helmet just doesn't look right. Kinda similar to those funky, bobblehead looking helmets from the FX armor that a majority of the 501st wear.

The chest armor looks TOO BIG compared to the waist. I'm also not feeling the tighty whitey cod-piece Sideshow gave this thing :eek:

What I did like was that the belt was removeable. Nice detail too. However, I do worry that the elastic may deteriorate.

Other than that, I just feel that straight out of the box this figure is just all over the place. The armor is loose on this body compared to Marmit and Medicom. Definitely working on how to remedy this. In fact, I can get a Marmit and Medicom to pose better than this.

I have a couple more of these on the way. But I may cancel after seeing it first hand. Right now, I'd take a Marmit with some simple mods over Sideshow's Stormtrooper. I just hope Sideshow can improve on their future armormed figures starting with the Sandtrooper. This just feels like a step backwards from the Clone Armored Obi-Wan.

Not feeling the looks of the figure in the box . . . . .
Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_083.jpg

Sideshow on the Left; Marmit on the right.
Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_086.jpg

Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_087.jpg

Marmits . . . . .
Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_084.jpg

Helmets off!
Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_092.jpg

Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_094.jpg

Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_095.jpg

Now, the Re-work begins . . . . .
Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_096.jpg

Great pics, thanks!
You do realize, however, that comparing anything to your customized Marmit Stormtroopers is totally unfair, right?

I think there'll have to be some serious futzing done to the SST Stormies to make them look great. The only big issue I can see is the codpiece, the chest armour should be fine with a bit of velcro applied to the right spots.
As for the Medi-troopers, they're staying in my collection. Don't know if I'll pose them along with the SST Stormies, but they're definitely staying as they're awesmoe figures in their own right.

Also, it's tough to get Marmits now-a-days.

Can't wait to see some stormtrooper belts on Luke and Han. :rock

Mine will arrive on Thursday :rock

From the pics he looks really good, codpiece is a head-scratcher, but there's always something :lol

I like how the armor rests on the Marmit better than the SS. But as an overall product I still have to side with Sideshow. I like the look the helmet better and the Trooper rifle is what sets it above Marmit for me.

:peace

Comparing SS to Marmit is fair...they are in the same price range practically. The only thing I am not liking on SS - the large chest piece compared to the cod piece..looks off.

I don't like how there's no shine to the armour on this figure.You would have thought that SS would have added that element? The Cod-piece is dissapointing too.

I canceled this btw,kinda glad I did after seeing these pics.I might pick it up later at a cheaper price.

Last edited:
The Marmit is a great kit, but it does take a bit of work (and a little cash) to get it looking as nice as what it can. I imagine the Sideshow will be the same, but at least it is starting out with a good base body and all the elements look about right.

i was trying to be funny ............. im very happy with SS stormies and all the Medicom lovers .... well lets just say i want to stay on the board ...

Never gonna happen. :lol

There is one pic where a cod piece is actually similar to the SS item just above so it is possible they aren't all the same. However, I think that was done with articulation in mind. Now, that something folks have asked about and I'm going to assume have gotten with this piece, but now some complain because it might have to toss the look off some. You can't have it both ways really.

That's why they're called medikids. :lol

I don't like how there's no shine to the armour on this figure.You would have thought that SS would have added that element?

Yeah that does indeed suck

SS >:banghead

Other than that i think it's good for the price, but the medi's and marmits look better to me overall. I will get one down the road.

by the way guys ........... Medicom is way over priced and you guys bought him at $129 and know hes worth ... $75 $90 ...

Marmet was a MODEL it ... $110 to $150 ... very nice by the way ....

SS storm trooper is a 1/6 figure ... not 11" like Medicom ... and i like the look and he does need futzing a little ...

SS i think this is a home run ............. my thoughts ...

It should be said about the marmit that playability is kinda zero. The helmet just rests on the head - it does not lock into a joint, and while the leg torso pieces are super tight fitting, the arm and shoulder pieces are not.....that said, its my fav Stormie ever in 1:6

If you were kidding you should put a "wink" not a "LOL".

But I believe you if you say you are and my apologies.

:cool:

My bad. :eek:

i was trying to be funny ............. im very happy with SS stormies and all the Medicom lovers .... well lets just say i want to stay on the board ...

Its cool. Happens to me all the time. :lol

Back