Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stormtrooper_on_toilet.jpg

That toilet doesn't look acurate to the one in the movie.

Also, that green mouse droid next to him should be black.

here's a couple of shots by himself
DSCN2989.jpg

DSCN2986.jpg

and here he is with my RotJ Vader from medicom.

DSCN2982.jpg

DSCN2985.jpg

overall i think this is one of sideshow's best figs. the chest plates do stick out a bit but once you pose him you really cant tell. oh as soon as i get my SS Vader that Medicom Vader is gonna go bye bye...anybody looking for one let me know

I rather they make new sculpts for each release. There is always room for improvement / different expression.

:confused:

Never happen.

Maybe, maybe, a rehash figure for $89.99.

I'd love newer sculpts too.. but considereing what was done with EP II obi/ general Obi, If they give us luke and han troopers at all I think this is likely the way they will go.

I would be surprised if we didn't get a Luke or Han Stormtrooper as an SDCC exclusive.

(And I will have to pass. What we need is an SDCC exclusive Star Wars PF! It's been too long since Luke in '05.)

I'd love newer sculpts too.. but considereing what was done with EP II obi/ general Obi, If they give us luke and han troopers at all I think this is likely the way they will go.

Yes, I was disappointed that they went that route and passed on the figure because of it.

(And I will have to pass. What we need is an SDCC exclusive Star Wars PF! It's been too long since Luke in '05.)

I'm not sure if I'd hold my breath for a Premium Format SDCC exclusive... I think The Powers That Be have been leaning toward the smaller items as Con Exclusives so that they are much easier for people to cart around the floor of the show (and get home on the plane) and saving other, larger 'rehash' exclusives for online events only (Spook, B&W Friday, etc)... or just randomly throughout the year in the newsletter (grey hulk LSB, Thing in Pants, etc etc)

Of course, watch them prove me wrong and have a PF exclusive at SDCC this year :lol

On the topic of the Stormtrooper (which looks like he was MADE for your swingset, Tom :lol) - not that this is any excuse, but isn't there an easy fix for loose joints that I've read about somewhere? Something like squeezing a little wood glue or super glue in there and letting it sit for a bit, then moving it, letting it sit, repeat for a few minutes? I did a quick search and found a couple helpful hints (of course, use at your own risk and I'd probably experiment with a not-so-favorite figure first):

https://www.dannychoo.com/adp/eng/422/Fixing+Loose+Joints.html

https://www.triadestore.com/forum/showthread.php?t=730

https://www.thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18335

Like I said, it's not an EXCUSE for loose joints, but it seems easy enough to fix? In fact, I'm gonna try the wood glue on a Transformer I have that's loose!

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I'd hold my breath for a Premium Format SDCC exclusive... I think The Powers That Be have been leaning toward the smaller items as Con Exclusives so that they are much easier for people to cart around the floor of the show (and get home on the plane) and saving other, larger 'rehash' exclusives for online events only (Spook, B&W Friday, etc)... or just randomly throughout the year in the newsletter (grey hulk LSB, Thing in Pants, etc etc)

Of course, watch them prove me wrong and have a PF exclusive at SDCC this year :lol

I wouldn't complain! But I don't really expect another SDCC PF. I still have blisters from carrying my Luke around the floor all day.

Stormie look really good. I am thinking of getting more troopers now.:cool:

Last edited:
Until we get a Stormtrooper Han, the Indy head looks surprisingly good.

P1040943.jpg

The Indy head does look great on it. The hair is the only thing, but we can pretend he's got "helmet hair". :D Once I get tired of a normal trooper display I'll probably display him like this.

here's a couple of shots by himself
DSCN2989.jpg

DSCN2986.jpg

and here he is with my RotJ Vader from medicom.

DSCN2982.jpg

DSCN2985.jpg

overall i think this is one of sideshow's best figs. the chest plates do stick out a bit but once you pose him you really cant tell. oh as soon as i get my SS Vader that Medicom Vader is gonna go bye bye...anybody looking for one let me know

WHOA! Looks like the stormie got pounded on the head several times!:horror Try pulling the head up a bit to get rid of that No-Neck Syndrome.

I'm not too thrilled with this release. Just feels like a step backwards from the Armored Obi-Wan figure:monkey2

The SS Stormtrooper came out really great. I just wish it was a little more glossy like the proto. I still think the Medi-Troopers arn't half bad though.

P1040946.jpg

Well, I was really excited when I got the confirmation that my Exclusive Stormtrooper arrived. That pretty much changed after openning the figure.

I give Sideshow credit for this attempt, but Man! This figure isn't really proportioned well; definitely not one of Sideshow's best :(

The helmet just doesn't look right. Kinda similar to those funky, bobblehead looking helmets from the FX armor that a majority of the 501st wear.

The chest armor looks TOO BIG compared to the waist. I'm also not feeling the tighty whitey cod-piece Sideshow gave this thing :eek:

What I did like was that the belt was removeable. Nice detail too. However, I do worry that the elastic may deteriorate.

Other than that, I just feel that straight out of the box this figure is just all over the place. The armor is loose on this body compared to Marmit and Medicom. Definitely working on how to remedy this. In fact, I can get a Marmit and Medicom to pose better than this.

I have a couple more of these on the way. But I may cancel after seeing it first hand. Right now, I'd take a Marmit with some simple mods over Sideshow's Stormtrooper. I just hope Sideshow can improve on their future armormed figures starting with the Sandtrooper. This just feels like a step backwards from the Clone Armored Obi-Wan.

Not feeling the looks of the figure in the box . . . . .
Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_083.jpg

Sideshow on the Left; Marmit on the right.
Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_086.jpg

Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_087.jpg

Marmits . . . . .
Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_084.jpg

Helmets off!
Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_092.jpg

Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_094.jpg

Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_095.jpg

Now, the Re-work begins . . . . .
Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_096.jpg

if you take it off and heat it up in hot water .. it will sit better and conform the the body better ... SS does not try to make it fit better they just slap it to gether ...

Well if that works I was thinking about attaching elastic to it. Like the shoulder pads.

Well, I was really excited when I got the confirmation that my Exclusive Stormtrooper arrived. That pretty much changed after openning the figure.

I give Sideshow credit for this attempt, but Man! This figure isn't really proportioned well; definitely not one of Sideshow's best :(

The helmet just doesn't look right. Kinda similar to those funky, bobblehead looking helmets from the FX armor that a majority of the 501st wear.

The chest armor looks TOO BIG compared to the waist. I'm also not feeling the tighty whitey cod-piece Sideshow gave this thing :eek:

What I did like was that the belt was removeable. Nice detail too. However, I do worry that the elastic may deteriorate.

Other than that, I just feel that straight out of the box this figure is just all over the place. The armor is loose on this body compared to Marmit and Medicom. Definitely working on how to remedy this. In fact, I can get a Marmit and Medicom to pose better than this.

I have a couple more of these on the way. But I may cancel after seeing it first hand. Right now, I'd take a Marmit with some simple mods over Sideshow's Stormtrooper. I just hope Sideshow can improve on their future armormed figures starting with the Sandtrooper. This just feels like a step backwards from the Clone Armored Obi-Wan.

Not feeling the looks of the figure in the box . . . . .
Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_083.jpg

Sideshow on the Left; Marmit on the right.
Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_086.jpg

Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_087.jpg

Helmets off!
Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_092.jpg

Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_094.jpg

Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_095.jpg

Now, the Re-work begins . . . . .
Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_096.jpg

sad SS cant make every one happy ... sorry SS ...... keep working at it :lol

Back