Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly, you just need to paint the rim of the silver to black. You also need to paint the whole black chin area with a lot more black which should make the tips look a bit smaller.

But why should i need to paint a figure that costs $100 to make it look better? Why didn't SS do this in the first place?

Anyway mine shows "shipping soon". Thanks God, I was thinking SS will come to Romania and hand it to me personally.:rolleyes:

What it looks like is on the proto (or what the images are of on the site) they did not paints as much on the rim of the mike tips. Be pretty to correct that with a touch of black paint.

Having the whole top area silver it throws off the look.

No wait your right! After comparing the proto and the production pieces I take it back, the mic's aren't huge their just slightly bigger,it is the white paint that is really making them look off. It seems the edges of the mic's need to be black like you said.

Great "picture" thread. Pages and pages of the usual whining.

These five fingers have a meaning:

five+fingers.jpg

Welcome
To
The
SW
Forum

:lol

Great "picture" thread. Pages and pages of the usual whining.

That's every picture thread unless the figure's such a "meh" to the public no one wants to talk about. Something like a Stormtrooper, pictures are just fuel for discussion, that's just how it always goes, and to me that's the point of seeing pictures, to talk about them and the piece, not just to stare at pictures of something you do or don't have.

These five fingers have a meaning:

five+fingers.jpg

Welcome
To
The
SW
Forum

:lol

It's every forum. Other than having pictures on the very first page of a thread, photo threads are useless, it's just a continuation of what was going on in the regular thread.

Maybe. But the SW forums have taken it to higher level of art and academia. :lol

Well it does seem almost a religious ceremony in this section.

FIGURE PREVIEW THREAD (x 5 eventually merged into one)
FIGURE PPO THREAD
I GOT MY ORDER THREAD
COMING IN _ _ _ THREAD
PHOTO THREAD

different how? that they are in different positions? because they all look to be cast from the same mold and are the same style shape and size.

Yup, Marmit wins, but the SS ST is quite nice and I'm not bugged by the minor inaccuracies. Wish he were shinier though. But some gloss clear coat should fix that up no prob.

The Marmit is really close the real deal. I have a set of AP armor (an oringal cast from ANH the giovannie mold) and sideshows cod piece is way off. Also ANH used the same molds for all the armor. The problem was it was trim with rusty spoons and tools. If you've actually seen ANH armor in really life on set it looks like poo.

Forarms and shoulders are one cast for both sides. Also the thigh area marmit nailed it. Look how the armor comes to a point on the caf.

The shoulders and and arms are nice on the sideshow.
The helmet is better on the sideshow. Its not so tall like the marmit.

I will probably avoid almost all threads other than to post my pics.

Thats exactly what I will do for the Vader threads. I am all ready getting sick of the nit picks about this one... I can only imagine how bad it will be for Vader.

Thats exactly what I will do for the Vader threads. I am all ready getting sick of the nit picks about this one... I can only imagine how bad it will be for Vader.

I can't even imagine how bad the Vader thread will be. People go out of the their way to find things wrong with this stuff, just like they do the films.

Back