Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it really "way" off? I can see it being a little off or just a smidgen too big.. but way off? Seriously?

I only think the helmet is way off. Everything else is really no big deal. I plan on getting a replacement helmet based off the Marmit or GG sculpts.

Shameless Plug:

I just posted a thread in the for sale section for a 1/6th MG-34 rifle for the stormtroopers.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51138

:D

Unfortunately that MG-34 is not the right one, the stand should be different. I also have exactly this one

mg3402.jpg

But the real DLT-19 should look like this:

54zlub.jpg

Unfortunately that MG-34 is not the right one, the stand should be different. I also have exactly this one

mg3402.jpg

But the real DLT-19 should look like this:

my.php

It's the correct rifle but the stand is backwards. All you need to do is remove the stand and glue it the correct way with superglue. Plus most people won't notice that detail anyway. :D

"Way off" in my thinking is: My gawd its square where it should be round, or Frowning where it should be smiling. I would think something termed as "Way off" would be something a casual observer would pick up as obvious.

Maybe thats just me though. :dunno

Is it really "way" off? I can see it being a little off or just a smidgen too big.. but way off? Seriously?

Yeah it may be me but it just looks really noticeable,not right. They got everything else so perfect on the helmet but they just so happened to miss this very simplistic detail.

Why they deviate from making it look the way it's suppose to is beyond me. Didn't SS do the same thing with the Utapau Trooper?

"Way off" in my thinking is: My gawd its square where it should be round, or Frowning where it should be smiling. I would think something termed as "Way off" would be something a casual observer would pick up as obvious.

Maybe thats just me though. :dunno

It's not just the mic tips though, the entire "mouth" area is wrong in sizes and shapes. If it were just one lone thing I wouldn't consider it way off. Being friends with and becoming a prop guy make things like that very noticeable. Doesn't mean other people shouldn't enjoy it, but the helmet along with 3 armor defects make it less enjoyable to me.

What it looks like is on the proto (or what the images are of on the site) they did not paints as much on the rim of the mike tips. Be pretty to correct that with a touch of black paint.

Having the whole top area silver it throws off the look.

What it looks like is on the proto (or what the images are of on the site) they did not paints as much on the rim of the mike tips. Be pretty to correct that with a touch of black paint.

Having the whole top area silver it throws off the look.

Exactly, you just need to paint the rim of the silver to black. You also need to paint the whole black chin area with a lot more black which should make the tips look a bit smaller.

Back