Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard from a good source that the cod piece was made smaller as per LFL mandate. It seems that Lucas is once again tinkering with the OT and is changing the Luke Leia first meeting dialogue. Leia will now say, "Isn't your crotch too small for a Stormtrooper"......sorry guys I'm the last person left in my office, the rest of my group has been laid off. I'm alone for 9 hours a day without human interaction!!! The phones don't even ring anymore!!!! Oh the humanity!!!!

Look at the cod pieces in this pic. All 3 look different.

StormtrooperCorps_anh1080p2.jpg

different how? that they are in different positions? because they all look to be cast from the same mold and are the same style shape and size.

Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_086.jpg

SS ST: so hey man, if I pull my chest armor down and thigh up up a it, would my cod piece look as big as yours?

Marmit ST: no man, no it wont.

:lol:lol:lol can't believe I am typing this.

Yup, Marmit wins, but the SS ST is quite nice and I'm not bugged by the minor inaccuracies. Wish he were shinier though. But some gloss clear coat should fix that up no prob.

They're all different. The shapes appear to be different and how they lay on the body most noticeably different.

On the whole I am glad I canceled the exclusive. I used the money to buy me my Cybermen. Still waiting for the regular though... processing... processing.....

They're all different. The shapes appear to be different and how they lay on the body most noticeably different.

I'm not sure what you're seeing but that all look to be exactly the same shape & style. Of course the actors wearing them have different body types for the universal armor and the belts, thigh and cod pieces are all positioned differently on each person, higher or lower, so I think that's what you are seeing. The one in back is highest, one on the right the lowest and one on the left is in between those, but the angles, cuts, and shapes are the same.

I mean look at the right calf armor on the ST on the left. Just because it's turned to the right doesn't mean that it's a different shape or from a different mold. Or look at the way the chest armor fits on the ST on the left and right. Different positions but not different styles.

Last edited:
I can't believe that people think this fig is EPIC FAIL because the phalic piece of armor isn't as big. What would Freud say!!!!???!!!! :lol

I can't believe that people think this fig is EPIC FAIL because the phalic piece of armor isn't as big. What would Freud say!!!!???!!!! :lol

What's with the hyperbole? No one has said that, just pointing out some shortcomings. 3rd place is still better than Hasbro.

What's with the hyperbole? No one has said that, just pointing out some shortcomings. 3rd place is still better than Hasbro.

Third Place? :rolleyes: Your license to carry an opinion has been revoked. :monkey3

Have you been properly licensed and authorized to use the word "Hyperbole" in a SW thread? :tap

;)

lol. It's a very minor difference from the film, but certainly no deal breaker. I like being detail oriented and seeing what could be different, but it doesn't take away from my enjoyment of these for the most part. SS produced a solid ST.

Now if they'd just fix that obvious, inaccurate stitching on vader. :banghead :monkey3 :lol

You guys that are crying about this figure are nuts, he looks pretty sweet to me. Now put away your pocket protectors Skolnik and just enjoy the dollie for what it's worth.

Is it really "way" off? I can see it being a little off or just a smidgen too big.. but way off? Seriously?

Back