Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, molded is fine.

I plan on using some Zaino car polish on him to shine him up. The stuff is the nectar of the gods.

Off topic but you seem to love this stuff. Do you think it could be used on HT Aliens without damaging the rubber? Trying to find something that wouldn't damage it but give it a "glossy/slimy" look.

Oh and on topic, I've gotten over my initial bad reaction to the stormtroopers and now have to track down two. I still have qualms with it but it's grown on me, especially with Wor-Gars excellent shots.

Off topic but you seem to love this stuff. Do you think it could be used on HT Aliens without damaging the rubber? Trying to find something that wouldn't damage it but give it a "glossy/slimy" look.

Oh and on topic, I've gotten over my initial bad reaction to the stormtroopers and now have to track down two. I still have qualms with it but it's grown on me, especially with Wor-Gars excellent shots.

On rubber, I wouldn't use anything. I would avoid using anythingl like armorall.

I'm shocked no one has yet to mention there's no green tint to the eyes.

:D

theres no green tint to the eyes...............happy now????...:lol

edit: FINALLY.......got a shipping soon status...........:banana

Thanks. Just wish it could look slimier. The tire shine stuff may not be a bad idea since HT Aliens are already dust magnets. Sorry for thread derail...:monkey3. Please feel free to go back to bash/praise the Stormtrooper. I think I'll get mine from Alter Ego as they still taking preorders.

SS got so much right with this figure, we're talking some minor fixes overall... mics, gloss, codpiece, whatever.

That said, aren't the little markings on the sides of the shoes supposed to be gray (like the ones above the brim on the sides of the helmet)?

boots.jpg

One more thing to fix.

Can't wait to see pics once someone makes some paint corrections to the mics and adds some gloss to the armor. For those of you who decide to gloss the armor, please let us know what you use. Those are really the only to issues I have with the figure. I believe the codpiece issue can be alleviated with correct armor positioning and good posing.

I don't think the green lenses are a big deal because I can't think of a moment on screen when you ever could tell.

Vader's red tint on the other hand was prevalent and important.

I don't think the green lenses are a big deal because I can't think of a moment on screen when you ever could tell.

Vader's red tint on the other hand was prevalent and important.

I couldn't tell you where, but even as a kid I remember noticing the green tint.

No big deal, but as long as you're at it...

Back