Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've caught it mentioned on these boards, but I never knew or noticed in hundreds of viewings before coming to SSF.

I'm not a fan of the look outside of Commander Gree anyway, but admire those dedicated enough to customize it.

I'm like MaulFan in that I never noticed, even after several viewings, that there was a green tint until it was pointed out.

Still the best pic/pose so far

attachment.php

I kinda alluded to the green lenses in my previous post about the GG bust . Hoping that having the figure in hand will change my opinion.

The marking sides of the boots ? That was due to the boots originally being black and the paint didn't take that well to the elasticated part on the boot. ( but then I'm sure you already knew that ! :lol )

I never noticed it either. It does enhance the look of the figure the same way red lenses do for Vader, but its nothing I will stress over.

I was thinking about the glossiness of the armour ( or the lack of ) . Would a soft cloth buffed over the surface do the same job as I don't want to apply anything to the surface in case it tarnishes the look.

SS got so much right with this figure, we're talking some minor fixes overall... mics, gloss, codpiece, whatever.

That said, aren't the little markings on the sides of the shoes supposed to be gray (like the ones above the brim on the sides of the helmet)?

boots.jpg

One more thing to fix.

Not even the great marmits got that right....that's a pass for SS

I'm like MaulFan in that I never noticed, even after several viewings, that there was a green tint until it was pointed out.

One of you stormie experts may need to step in but were all ANH helmets with green tints or just 'hero' masks...that is a point I am unclear on...?

I think the hero helmets had the green lenses, the stunts had grey "smoked" lenses . I'm not sure but I think the way to tell the difference between the two at first glance would be by the number of painted "teeth" the helmet had.

Oh God ! I just realised I've probably started something with the teeth thing. "Sideshow, why did you give us a helmet with ... etc " :lol

I think the hero helmets had the green lenses, the stunts had grey "smoked" lenses . I'm not sure but I think the way to tell the difference between the two at first glance would be by the number of painted "teeth" the helmet had.

You've got it backwards. The Stunts had green lenses the Hero have the smoked lenses.

I was thinking about the glossiness of the armour ( or the lack of ) . Would a soft cloth buffed over the surface do the same job as I don't want to apply anything to the surface in case it tarnishes the look.

Maybe use a small buffing wheel on a dremel.

I've seen SW movies probably hundreds of times each (not kidding, wish i were) and I've never noticed green lenses on Stormtroopers either. Hell, I didn't notice the helmets were different between movies. They look like Stormtroopers to me. Only thing I did notice is the suits fit better in Empire and Jedi. In ANH, they look pretty ill fitting. Sign that it was taken to be a B sci-fi movie.

The marking sides of the boots ? That was due to the boots originally being black and the paint didn't take that well to the elasticated part on the boot. ( but then I'm sure you already knew that ! :lol )

I don't know if it's real or not, but I like the word elasticated :lol

Anyone have a link or pictures of how the Stormtrooper helmets differed from film to film. Was it drastic? I never noticed. The reason i ask is the Medicom Stormtrooper helmet was based on which film???

https://web.ukonline.co.uk/bingo275/Realtroop_comps1.htm

Don't go there unless you want to nitpick your trooper!

You've been warned.

Here's a good video from them too.

<object width="560" height="345"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/tuJDdVEn0_4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/tuJDdVEn0_4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="345"></embed></object>

Back