Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I missed that tip. What do you do exactly?

Not having one in person I must go by pics. It appears they are painting the outside of the eyes a bit too far out and giving the eyes a point on the outside. This shouldn't be pointy but round. This might even be fixable by simply scraping the paint with your fingernail.

Again, I don't have the figure in hand so I could be wrong. I'll try to get some pics to show you.

Fixing the chest really helps the overall look...

_MG_2015.jpg

_MG_2014.jpg

_MG_2026.jpg

Now that can take on Marmit, right? Great work! I want to do that to mine right now!

:)

Not having one in person I must go by pics. It appears they are painting the outside of the eyes a bit too far out and giving the eyes a point on the outside. This shouldn't be pointy but round. This might even be fixable by simply scraping the paint with your fingernail.

Again, I don't have the figure in hand so I could be wrong. I'll try to get some pics to show you.

Oh yeah, I see it now. Good catch! Got to do that too now.

We need a condensed list of FIXES now.

Rismo, another thing I was thinking of trying was to lower the codpiece/torso area to help close the gap between thigh armor and codpiece.

Did you try that? I think it might work, I did a bit of that when I first futzed. I want to fasten the belt on a little looser so it can slide over the codpiece part a bit and add to the 'lower hang' of the torso.

That is AWESOME, rismo ....hey, and if future turns your fig yellow, you know who to blame...!!! :rotfl:D:lol (just kidding)

That is Fantastic...Ok, I am definitely trying......how long did it take on the chest armor with the heat gun? Which one did you use if I may ask?

Last edited:
DarthRazz said:
How easy is it to swap heads, if I feel like plopping Han or Luke's head on there just to change the display a bit?

You would need a neck adapter from HT.

Just to illustrate my point.

pointyeye.jpg

The funny part is that there is all this nitpicking on the SS 1:6 stormie when this guy's 1:1 helmet has asymmetrical lenses.

Looks awesome, though, Rismo. :rock

Thanks, fellas!

The codpiece tends to ride up, just like in 1:1. I'm kinda one of those TKs who prefers more black to show, so to each his own :)

Great tutorial rismo. I think you just missed 3 things.

1) Fix the paint in the outside corners of the "eyes" to take away the "asian" look.
2) Paint the middle black chin area with more paint.
3) Paint the outside ring of the aerators black and do a paint wash on the mic tips.

Yeah, I saw the overpaint on the eyes and went "guh!" It is like that on both of my figures. I was really disappointed in the bulk of the aerators, too. The prototype shots looked better. I thought I could live with the paint defects, but you pointing them out again makes me want to fix.

Has anybody played with paints to see which tones match best? I have some Liquitex Titanium white glossies and black matte, as well as some testors enamels glossy white and black matte.

Maybe it's time to experiment! Thanks again for the warm welcome. :)

Got my item shipping notice to day, and I hate the fact that I'm paying a lot of money for something I'm going to have to mod. I guess its better than nothing.

The funny part is that there is all this nitpicking on the SS 1:6 stormie when this guy's 1:1 helmet has asymmetrical lenses.

Looks awesome, though, Rismo. :rock

Haha, yeah, the movie lids were asymmetrical. I was so hoping the SST TK would have it too. Boo hoo hoo

:)

This thread is ^^^^ing insane. Half the fixes i woulda never noticed had nobody pointed it out. TOO MUCH WORK FOR A TOY. I think it looks fine, just would like to hear more about the joints.

I think it looks fine, just would like to hear more about the joints.

I've stripped my ST down, and discovered that the joints on my figure are actually sturdy. Its the ankles that are the problem. Superglue trick to the rescue. Maybe the armor on was making me think I had a looser figure than I did, since he shifts around when the armor slides. Anyway, my body isn't loose.

For those who need to glue more than the ankles, how do you get the black body suit off? Mine looks sew on, no way to remove it.

To much work for a toy indeed. Should be good right out of the box. Now, if only someone would find a remedy for the codpiece. Overall the SSC stormie looks great, but that codpiece really is to small. Once you've noticed it, you can't ignore it henceforth. Well, I can't. Somehow it breaks the overall appearance.

Back