Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And is it easy to get the chest piece off and on?

Just like others have said, it's very easy. Even taking the helmet off is easy. Never feels like you're going to break anything. I'm usually very squeamish about these things, too.

I just got my Stormie in and had to take a photo with the MG-34. What do you guys think? This is with very little futzing and no repainting.

stormtrooper.jpg

Hmmm..Two right feet on this figure? or am i losing my eye sight?.

If my figure comes like that, i will punt the frecking POS back over the border to the US and probally wait for another high bidding auction for a Marmit on Ebay again.

If it's made right, what harm would a helmet that comes apart be? Medicom's isn't great because there's a faint nub that hooks the dome into the top of the mask and it can slip easily, but I'm confident SSC could find a way to make a functioning reveal that isn't a paint to take apart but doesn't come apart easily either.

I just think its cheap and and will not be worth a hoot function wise over time. I'm more likely to display or get two of if they do seperate heads.

Nice pics!, how did you get the Medicom Vader taller?, i need to do this to mine..used extra extenders on the ankles?, i don't want to buy extras though...i remember seeing someone using pen tubing...though yours might just be on a stand right?.

Haha, nevermind..read other post..its on a platform.

Nice pics!, how did you get the Medicom Vader taller?, i need to do this to mine..used extra extenders on the ankles?, i don't want to buy extras though...i remember seeing someone using pen tubing...though yours might just be on a stand right?.

Haha, nevermind..read other post..its on a platform.

i used a pen on mine to make him taller when I had one. although the height isn't the only problem it's his girth.(that's what she said)

man i love this SS Stormy, I've waited so long for SS Stormy and I can't stop looking at him. Thank you SS!!!!! :rock

my Stormies are unemployed until I receive my Hurc ESB Vader though.

Last edited:
You've been fairly vocal about this guy, so now that you have one...what do you think?

Honestly, I'm not totally sold. There is a bit of regret over the piece since I used my reward points. If I hadn't used the points I probably would have cancelled before shipping.

I'm going to repaint the helmet a bit but for a die-hard stormtrooper fan the helmet is just killing the piece. The rest of the armor and gun is amazing but the helmet is just so wrong. :(

Now I need to start a campaign for Sideshow to produce a movie accurate 4-pack of helmets. Hero, Stunt, ESB, and ROTJ. :)

Hmmm..Two right feet on this figure? or am i losing my eye sight?.

No, 1 left and 1 right. The feet do look very similar though.

Whats wrong with the helmet Shropt?

Not to stir up the helmet debate again...

It's just that there were 3 very famous helmets in ANH. Those 3 helmets have very particular differences. It really stinks that SSC couldn't have chosen 1 of those helmets and created an accurate sculpt instead of making an amalgamation of those helmets.

Another reason it makes no sense to not make a particular helmet is that they could have produced one helmet on this release and made another helmet come with another release and forced nuts like me to buy 2, 3, or more.

Again, not trying to stir up the debate but it's a huge missed opportunity for SSC.

Not to stir up the helmet debate again...

It's just that there were 3 very famous helmets in ANH. Those 3 helmets have very particular differences. It really stinks that SSC couldn't have chosen 1 of those helmets and created an accurate sculpt instead of making an amalgamation of those helmets.

Another reason it makes no sense to not make a particular helmet is that they could have produced one helmet on this release and made another helmet come with another release and forced nuts like me to buy 2, 3, or more.

Again, not trying to stir up the debate but it's a huge missed opportunity for SSC.

didn't someone pointed out that the sandtrooper's helmet is different from the stormtrooper? perhaps SSC is just taking it slow. afterall, we still have 2 more movie to go.

didn't someone pointed out that the sandtrooper's helmet is different from the stormtrooper? perhaps SSC is just taking it slow. afterall, we still have 2 more movie to go.

I'm pretty sure it's the same helmet mold with just an added detail or two. It might be something as simple as a different paint design.

Back