Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, I prefer them to give us a helmet like this. I really could give a damn less if there is a tiny bit of difference between each of the three helms. I couldn't tell you them for as many times as I've seen ANH. If that ruins the piece for someone then that sucks for you but its not a knock on this piece.

Someone needs to post a picture of the three helmets side by side so we can all see....not just that link.

I know the hero helmets are different from basic stormtroopers (is it 3 teeth instead of two or something like that?) but I don't know the difference between all three.

I repainted my helmet so it has three teeth anyway.

Anyone whose futzed with the stormy give me the low down on the neck area ?

is it part of the body suit or is the collar seperate ?

I noticed in this pic by RichAlot that the neck collar looks like part of the body suit ?

watermark.php

Someone needs to post a picture of the three helmets side by side so we can all see....not just that link.

I know the hero helmets are different from basic stormtroopers (is it 3 teeth instead of two or something like that?) but I don't know the difference between all three.

I repainted my helmet so it has three teeth anyway.

I'll post some pics later.

Received my exclusive stormie, as i already anticipated it is an AWESOME figure. No loose joints on mine except maybe for the ankles. I did the chest armor bending with a hairdryer and it looks cool. Pics later.

BTW I was wondering if the belly armor with the colored blue buttons has tape keeping it together on both sides on yours or just on one side like mine? I thought this could be because this way it's easier to remove the armor...

Any hints on making a 1/6th scale MG34 look authentic to the ones used by Stormtroopers? I figured if there were differences, you pros would know it.

I am using an all black MG34 with some silver distress marks and a folding front mounted bi-pod. Is that about right? 1/6th scale of course.

Any hints on making a 1/6th scale MG34 look authentic to the ones used by Stormtroopers? I figured if there were differences, you pros would know it.

I am using an all black MG34 with some silver distress marks and a folding front mounted bi-pod. Is that about right? 1/6th scale of course.

You just need to add black strips down the "perferated" barrel and put a box to cover the, uh, bullet chain entry.

It's really not that big of a change and I can't justify putting the time in to customize my rifle. (I know I'll get bashed for an incorrect gun while ^^^^^ing about an incorrect helmet. It's different OK, sue me. :) )

For Worgar, a short helmet comparison.

Helmet 1 (aka Han Hero)

Biggest differences is the 2 teeth on each side of mouth and the brow is against the eyes. The brow moves up and down from scene to scene.
hanhero01.jpg

hanhero02.jpg

Helmet 2 (aka Luke Hero)

This is the most famous helmet that was worn by Luke during the "too short for a stormtrooper scene". This helmet is the same as the Han but is the most perfect helmet of the three. The brow on this helmet is against the eyes and never moves.
lukehero.jpg

Helmet 3 The Stunt

This helmet is most famous from the "these are not the droids you're looking for" and "look sir droids" scenes.

This helmet has 3 teeth on each side and the 'sty" on his right eye. This helmet has a raised brow over the eyes.
stunt01.jpg

stunt02.jpg

This shot compares the 2 helmets with the Hero on the left and the Stunt on the right.

hanheroandstunt.jpg

Again, I'm not arguing that the helmets differ so much from the SSC helmet, just that there are clearly 2 (3 if you are anal) helmet designs and they didn't go for either.

Interesting. Thanks Shropt!

I don't buy the bar over the eyes as a definitive change, only because every stormtrooper seems to have it in a different place -- even Han's moves on its own.

The "teeth" are the only thing I really see. Seems there's either 3 (like on Luke and Han's and some other troopers) or 5 like in your Sandtrooper picture. Not sure why -- I read once long ago that Lucas wanted the Han/Luke ones to be a little less menacing, so less teeth. But given the limits of the budget I doubt that's true. He didn't have that kind of luxury. Must just be a mistake... or the difference in making alternate sets of helmets by the creators.

My helmet is totally inaccurate than, as I painted 4 teeth. :) I wanted to do the 5 -- I like the broad frown -- but I didn't have enough room to do all 4 from the center tooth.

For Worgar, a short helmet comparison.

Helmet 1 (aka Han Hero)

Biggest differences is the 2 teeth on each side of mouth and the brow is against the eyes. The brow moves up and down from scene to scene.
hanhero01.jpg

hanhero02.jpg

Helmet 2 (aka Luke Hero)

This is the most famous helmet that was worn by Luke during the "too short for a stormtrooper scene". This helmet is the same as the Han but is the most perfect helmet of the three. The brow on this helmet is against the eyes and never moves.
lukehero.jpg

Helmet 3 The Stunt

This helmet is most famous from the "these are not the droids you're looking for" and "look sir droids" scenes.

This helmet has 3 teeth on each side and the 'sty" on his right eye. This helmet has a raised brow over the eyes.
stunt01.jpg

stunt02.jpg

This shot compares the 2 helmets with the Hero on the left and the Stunt on the right.

hanheroandstunt.jpg

Again, I'm not arguing that the helmets differ so much from the SSC helmet, just that there are clearly 2 (3 if you are anal) helmet designs and they didn't go for either.

The last pic really shows the difference quite nicely with the mouth. I do like that long frown -- bad ass motocycle cop look. :D

Back