Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. Thanks Shropt!

I don't buy the bar over the eyes as a definitive change, only because every stormtrooper seems to have it in a different place -- even Han's moves on its own.

The "teeth" are the only thing I really see. Seems there's either 3 (like on Luke and Han's and some other troopers) or 5 like in your Sandtrooper picture. Not sure why -- I read once long ago that Lucas wanted the Han/Luke ones to be a little less menacing, so less teeth. But given the limits of the budget I doubt that's true. He didn't have that kind of luxury. Must just be a mistake... or the difference in making alternate sets of helmets by the creators.

My helmet is totally inaccurate than, as I painted 4 teeth. :) I wanted to do the 5 -- I like the broad frown -- but I didn't have enough room to do all 4 from the center tooth.

When counting stormtrooper teeth you don't count the center tooth or the gray in the corner of the mouths. So a 3 tooth frown is actually 7 teeth.

I also really don't count the Hero Luke and Hero Han helmets as different since they probably came from the same mold where the Stunt is a completely different mold.

Also note that I'm only arguing about the helmet. The armor on this figure is truly amazing if not so accurate that it wants to fall off the figure. :)

UGH.. all this helmet crap is giving me a headache. :) I bet if you looked at every single helmet used in ANH each one would be different.

When counting stormtrooper teeth you don't count the center tooth or the gray in the corner of the mouths. So a 3 tooth frown is actually 7 teeth.

Oh, I thought you counted all the gray "teeth" from the center one, not counting the center. Like your Sandtrooper pic, from the center tooth, has 4 clearly gray "teeth" or bars, although that last is at the end of the mouth. You DON'T count that one? Why? It's gray, not cut out or black.

So your way, how many teeth does the HERO have versus the STUNT? To make it easy, count ALL the teeth from one side to the other.

5 Teeth

lukehero.jpg

7 Teeth

stunt02.jpg

UGH.. all this helmet crap is giving me a headache. :) I bet if you looked at every single helmet used in ANH each one would be different.

Glad I don't give a flip about those little details. If you have to be pointed out the changes, then it shouldn't matter.

You sure you don't count those "molars"? :lol

The sandtrooper's is so blantant on the right side of his mouth (his left).

Now I think you're screwing with me. :lol

No, you only count the independant teeth. I think the "molars" may change from helmet to helmet so you are counting what's molded in the helmet.

Man, I hate being this geeky but I've been studying the stomtrooper design for a while as I'm saving up for an ANH armor set with Stunt helmet. :eek:

You know, there are parts of the helmets that I haven't even touched on like the lenses.

Compare the 2 helmet photos above and you can see the Hero has bubble lenses and the Stunt has flat lenses. But I'll stop now before I get thrown out of here.

Now I think you're screwing with me. :lol

No, you only count the independant teeth. I think the "molars" may change from helmet to helmet so you are counting what's molded in the helmet.

OK, well, you should be happy then... I just checked the SS Sandtrooper and he has the correct 7 teeth just like your still.

So maybe SS went the extra mile and gave this Stormtrooper the 5 teeth and the Sandtrooper the 7 teeth. That would be pretty cool. Unnoticed or not.

OK, well, you should be happy then... I just checked the SS Sandtrooper and he has the correct 7 teeth just like your still.

So maybe SS went the extra mile and gave this Stormtrooper the 5 teeth and the Sandtrooper the 7 teeth. That would be pretty cool. Unnoticed or not.

I don't know, looks like 5 teeth on the Sandtrooper too. Looks like the proto just has a small black dot in the corner of the mouth.

I must say that it's interesting that SSC's helmet has cut out teeth. Never thought I'd see that on a scale helmet.

OMG counting teeth on a Stormtrooper takes anal-retentive geekness to a whole new meaning. :duh Geez.

Momentary obsession. Please excuse. Back to our regular scheduled posting.

But I'll be keeping an eye out for your anal-retentive geekiness to surface.

Sorry but you won't see me scrutinize how many ass-hairs there are on a Wookie. :chew

Back