Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don't care if it has the correct teeth or whatever tiny detail is missing , I think SS did a great job with this peice and am proud to add two of them to my collection.

Its cool that you pay that close of attention to detail but I think most would agree that minute missing details aside this is a great figure and if the amount of teeth on the helmet is wrong its not a deal breaker .

Sorry but you won't see me scrutinize how many ass-hairs there are on a Wookie. :chew

OK, good. But I'm watching you. :D

Say hey to Dekadave for me. I haven't talked to him in awhile.

I really don't care if it has the correct teeth or whatever tiny detail is missing , I think SS did a great job with this peice and am proud to add two of them to my collection.

Its cool that you pay that close of attention to detail but I think most would agree that minute missing details aside this is a great figure and if the amount of teeth on the helmet is wrong its not a deal breaker .

I know, I know, I was just curious, that's all. Thought it was cool that SS may have made that minute change to the Sandtrooper.

I know, I know, I was just curious, that's all. Thought it was cool that SS may have made that minute change to the Sandtrooper.

Sorry Wor-gar that wasn't directed at you , but thanks for pointing that out.

I'll pass that along. I'm sure HE would scrutinize the number of ass-hairs there are on a Wookie. :D

The teeth issue is the only difference I can see and had not noticed it until now. The brow seems to be different on every picture I look at. However, I am totally not seeing the "stye" either. Can anyone point it out to my nearly blind eyes?

I understand what people mean, but think of it this way. Imagine you are finally getting a $100 figure of your favorite actor. The clothes are perfect, the height is perfect, build, weight, everything; all except he has a unibrow. Would you argue then or would you just say that they were close enough and you are happy that you are finally getting your favorite movie character as a figure?

deckard.jpg

Close Enough!!

kurgan.jpg

Close Enough!!

See my point? :D

No, I didn't take it like that. I just didn't want Shropt to take the hit this time because I started it. :)

Yeah, I was just answering Wor-Gar. I'm not trying to push my feelings too hard because there are a lot of happy customers with this trooper right now.

I finally got one and I'm so happy with it. :D I took it all apart and had fun putting it all back together.

1236808026.jpg

1236808060.jpg

I'm so hyped for Vader! I want to get a second trooper now.

Good stuff Dally! What did you do different in putting him back together?

Not much, just futzed his armor a little. I also tightened the screw at his left hip joint and I think that tightened up the leg a little. I'm going to do the hot water trick on the chest piece later tonight.

Not much, just futzed his armor a little. I also tightened the screw at his left hip joint and I think that tightened up the leg a little. I'm going to do the hot water trick on the chest piece later tonight.

How could you tell which bicep armor was which? Or which forearm armor piece was left and which was right?

:) this is gonna drive you crazy

How could you tell which bicep armor was which? Or which forearm armor piece was left and which was right?

:) this is gonna drive you crazy

Actually, they are different, but it matters whether it's the Hero armor or the Stunt armor.

You see, the stunt armor...

J/K :D

Pretty much. The armor might fit on a Dragon.

Nope. I disassembled the armored body and took a look at it. The mid section isn't really forgiving at all as it's held in place by deep sockets and barbells (all different sizes), and trimming down the arms and legs will make him look like a pygmy :lol. Additionally, the armor for the limbs won't work if you do that. That's also a no on the Dragon, Buck, TrueType, DiD, Pro, my spare RAH (armor's too big), a few generics, and I even tried a basic Hasbro body (non-muscular). While it fits and is surprisingly transferable (hands and feet) to the Hasbro, once assembled, the armor provides only a 1/4in difference making it hardly worth all the effort. :huh It really makes me wonder if they didn't do a custom suit for Mark. Wish I'd had the SS Stormy before WonderCon, I would've asked him! :lol I think I'll break my Medicom out of storage and see what I can do with that.

Last edited:
Nope. I disassembled the armored body and took a look at it. The mid section isn't really forgiving at all as it's held in place by deep sockets and barbells (all different sizes), and trimming down the arms and legs will make him look like a pygmy :lol. Additionally, the armor for the limbs won't work if you do that. That's also a no on the Dragon, Buck, TrueType, DiD, Pro, my spare RAH (armor's too big), a few generics, and I even tried a basic Hasbro body (non-muscular). While it fits and is surprisingly transferable (hands and feet) to the Hasbro, once assembled, the armor provides only a 1/4in difference making it hardly worth all the effort. :huh It really makes me wonder if they didn't do a custom suit for Mark. Wish I'd had the SS Stormy before WonderCon, I would've asked him! :lol I think I'll break my Medicom out of storage and see what I can do with that.

I transferred my Marmit Kit to the short Buck Body and used the ANH Luke head... worked out pretty well and it gave a good height difference.

I transferred my Marmit Kit to the short Buck Body and used the ANH Luke head... worked out pretty well and it gave a good height difference.

I thought about that too but aside from looking "over bulked" by the armor, my Marmits're about as yellow as an old smoker's teeth. I think the color difference and cluttered look would stand out and be one of those little OCD things that bug the hell out of me. That's the only reason why I'm considering the Medicom as it's still white and like the movie, proportionate to the smaller body.

Oh snap! I didn't even realize the blaster had a folding stock until just now. Its amazing all the intricate little details that are placed into these 1/6 weapons.

Back