Sideshow Angel Comiquette - Links to Waitlist and Buy Reg in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Angel is coming

why are you going off the print? would you really want a statue that's looking straight down for a "descent"? if there was no print included, would there be the same complaint?

You're right, if there was no print I probably wouldn't have noticed. I'm not REALLY complaining because I'm still going to pick one up...I guess I'm just saying the pose in the print looks alot more dynamic and cool.

I am going off the print because supposedly that's what the sculptor was going off of.

Without the print, my complaint would have been less focused, I would have just said the pose looked somewhat awkward, but I wouldn't be able to pinpoint what I would change.

Now that I have seen the print, it becomes clearer to me why it looks awkward.

Just like all other statues. You just have to find the right displaying angle to display and view him from.

At first I was a little iffy on him, but after thinking about how I'm going to display him, it became a "No Brainer".

My only concern with buying the Ex on this is with the NRD and possibly a cancellation fee, i like this a lot and am sold on the piece AS IT IS, but with SSC changing nightcrawler i had to cancel as they mad it worse off () if that had been a NRD i'd have been even more pissed), thus I'm concerned that if they change Angel and i need to cancel that i will lose out on moneyI

f they change a piece, the NRD and cancellation fee should be rescinded in the event of a cancellation based on a CHANGED final product, however I'd bet money they would state that "this is a prototype, the final product may vary" which would suck.

I feel like sideshow is upping their game with the exclusives. Smaller edition sizes, I like the idea of not only a print but alternate portrait, same thing they did with Rogue. Its also the same price as the regular. When they were charging more for the exclusive and you only got the print it wasnt fun anymore. Its fun again!

I feel like sideshow is upping their game with the exclusives. Smaller edition sizes, I like the idea of not only a print but alternate portrait, same thing they did with Rogue. Its also the same price as the regular. When they were charging more for the exclusive and you only got the print it wasnt fun anymore. Its fun again!

:exactly:

I know, right? Kinda like paying for a frosty donut and then diggin in to taste jam

I vote SS includes a small tub of jam in every EX from now :lecture:lecture

The thing with these statues is that they aren't basing their design on the prints that they come with. It's just a design, Bucky on the print looks nothing like it does on the statue, they just include it to sell the piece.

Pose too stiff and I'm betting my future grandkids Cipriano sculpted this. Gambit, statue!? Anywee, ay stel lab de prent. Dat es ol.

At first I was really impressed with the statue. After looking at the print (which looks great!) then back to the statue, I wasn't as impressed.

I agree with you...pose is a bit stiff after looking at the print.

Still gonna get one though :)

Pose is stiff, art was much better.

The statue is damn nice. Should be 25 inches tall, but Angel is only 16 inches tall....:monkey1

My only concern with buying the Ex on this is with the NRD and possibly a cancellation fee, i like this a lot and am sold on the piece AS IT IS, but with SSC changing nightcrawler i had to cancel as they mad it worse off () if that had been a NRD i'd have been even more pissed), thus I'm concerned that if they change Angel and i need to cancel that i will lose out on moneyI

f they change a piece, the NRD and cancellation fee should be rescinded in the event of a cancellation based on a CHANGED final product, however I'd bet money they would state that "this is a prototype, the final product may vary" which would suck.

I agree. And if that was the case, that is, if they are going to make drastic changes in one piece (as is the case of Nightcrwaler) then they should advertise so in the promo pics. Just to remind us what to expect.

I agree. And if that was the case, that is, if they are going to make drastic changes in one piece (as is the case of Nightcrwaler) then they should advertise so in the promo pics. Just to remind us what to expect.

You can always take delivery and if you don't feel like it matches what you originally intended to purchase then return it.

You can always take delivery and if you don't feel like it matches what you originally intended to purchase then return it.

There is a chance that you won't recover what it cost to ship it to you and you'd also have to ship it back. No small change right there.

There is a chance that you won't recover what it cost to ship it to you and you'd also have to ship it back. No small change right there.

Even more if you have to pay taxes and several other fees

Last edited:
Back