Sideshow Angel Comiquette - Links to Waitlist and Buy Reg in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Angel Comiquette - Links to buy in 1st post.

i just got on the waitlist for this today. Think I have a chance of it converting?

So many ppl whined and complained he took too long to come out and claim they cancelled so maybe

No in hand pics yet, but here is a video review of Angel from that "other" forum. Looks pretty good. The wingspan looks to be massive!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohFCcWWOIdg[/ame]

Looks good, except that part about the wings being hard plastic. I can see why they would have to be lighter material, but the idea of plastic is a little off-putting.

Looks good, except that part about the wings being hard plastic. I can see why they would have to be lighter material, but the idea of plastic is a little off-putting.

Yeah the Kotobukiya Archangel has plastic wings too. I didn't like them at first, but once they are attached they look really good. The wings need to be lightweight, otherwise you'd probably get stress cracking of the polystone over time.

Plastic wings is okay by me. Less potential breakage. The box looks very small though. Would love to see a comparison with another statue.

That background video and music is annoying. LOL. Why in the world did he have that playing while doing this video??

Oh yeah. awesome statue!!! If I were an angel nut, I'd be all over this!!

Cant wait for pictures of this one, imo this is the best from the 1/5 xmen line he is going to be great...( i hope)

:exactly:

Interesting. I wonder how they determined who got the early shipping option (I PO the EX day 1). I probably wouldn't want him shipped early anyways. If the early pics aren't amazing, I'll probably cancel and put the money towards the Lara Croft PF.

:lol I was kind of thinking the same. But in all honesty I think he'll turn out great. Super excited!

Plastic wings is okay by me. Less potential breakage. The box looks very small though. Would love to see a comparison with another statue.

Yup. The wings were expected to be that. Otherwise EVERYONE would be complaining about broken wings.

That music in the background is just horrible!

Looks good and when it comes back in stock I'll be picking this up with points. If not I'm sure I'll find a few on eBay.

I will say this. Bowen's Angel came with polystone wings and it's been fine, so the plastic wings make no sense to me.

Tomorrow will be in my hand !!

Exactly what kind of plastic are the wings? Resin is plastic. Are we talking action figure plastic? Tupperware plastic? I wonder who's gonna be the first to recast the wings in resin?

BB

I cant wait for this but im so broke right now.

That music in the background is just horrible!

Looks good and when it comes back in stock I'll be picking this up with points. If not I'm sure I'll find a few on eBay.

I will say this. Bowen's Angel came with polystone wings and it's been fine, so the plastic wings make no sense to me.

Less resin for us, more moolah for sideshow!

Can anyone that will get this angel put up a few pics of him with other 1/5 xmen? Like Colossus, Nightcrawler or Beast. If you have all of these then I would like see them all together...

This is a shame that a whole day has passed and we haven't got any pictures of this piece.

Now after a whole day to think about this piece. The light, plastic wings have killed this statue for me. If Bowen can put nice heavy wings on a 1/6 scaled statue. Then there's no excuse in my book for SS not to have done the same. I'm not buying the whole heavy wings might lead to stress cracking down the road deal. Bowen made it work and I've had my Angel statue for about three years now and no signs of stress cracking.

Can anyone that will get this angel put up a few pics of him with other 1/5 xmen? Like Colossus, Nightcrawler or Beast. If you have all of these then I would like see them all together...

I'll do that when i get it Barry :wave

As long as the wings look the same i'm happy

Last edited:

This is a shame that a whole day has passed and we haven't got any pictures of this piece.

Now after a whole day to think about this piece. The light, plastic wings have killed this statue for me. If Bowen can put nice heavy wings on a 1/6 scaled statue. Then there's no excuse in my book for SS not to have done the same. I'm not buying the whole heavy wings might lead to stress cracking down the road deal. Bowen made it work and I've had my Angel statue for about three years now and no signs of stress cracking.

Regardless of stress cracking, the design of this Angel piece with the massive wingspan would never survive shipping/assembly/moving around in your collection without the wings hitting something. Plastic is durable and light weight while polystone is very prone to chips and cracks when hit.

As long as the wings look good, I don't care what they are made of or how much they weigh.

Shipping the wings really wouldn't be a problem. Make the Styrofoam slots a little tighter and add some cushioning like they've done many times before and shipping problems solved.

Wings hitting other piece in your collection that's a personally collectors objective to overcome. Which in my book is a real easy objective to overcome. Like I said before I have the Bowen's Angel and I haven't ran into any chipping or anything of that nature. It's not like the Bowen Angel doesn't have a massive wing span for a 1/6 scale statue. It's pretty wide.

Back