Sideshow Angel Comiquette - Links to Waitlist and Buy Reg in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Angel is coming

It's ok for someone starting out and can have 1/5 altogether. Not for us that already have all 1/4 sale stuff. 1/4 is way more impressive anyhow.

So why is Sideshow still making 1/5 statues when clearly most collectors want 1/4?

The majority of people in this thread want 1/4, sure, but we make up less than 4% of their target audience. 1/5 will sell out just as fast as 1/4...

And it does look awesome... That's all that should matter.

Sideshow did say.

The X-Men are getting a lot of love this year, with Gambit, Wolverine, and the soon-to-be-revealed Rogue and Cyclops…and more. Angel / Archangel is high on our list of ‘to-do’ characters, and the strong sales response to the existing X-Men Premium Formats reinforces the likelihood. But before he’ll see release in PF, Angel is getting some love in a 1:5 scale Comiquette form.

The majority of people in this thread want 1/4, sure, but we make up less than 4% of their target audience. 1/5 will sell out just as fast as 1/4...

I'm sure we don't make up much but from many of the people who don't visit the site whom I talked to in LCS and conventions they feel the same way. That could be one of the reasons why Hobgoblin 1/5 scale is not selling well.

I completely agree that it looks great and I am disappointed that I won't be ordering it, but scale does matter when you want your display to be consistent. I have said it several times- it simply looks silly to have 1/5th and 1/4th displayed together unless you are going for a single-character theme (like Averone's IM collection).

Maybe Sideshow knows there is a market that wants a 1/5th X-Men display, but I tend to agree with the vast majority of members who passed on the other X-Men and Hobgoblin; only time will tell how successful the line will be. :dunno

Sideshow did say.

The X-Men are getting a lot of love this year, with Gambit, Wolverine, and the soon-to-be-revealed Rogue and Cyclops…and more. Angel / Archangel is high on our list of ‘to-do’ characters, and the strong sales response to the existing X-Men Premium Formats reinforces the likelihood. But before he’ll see release in PF, Angel is getting some love in a 1:5 scale Comiquette form.

Good to know thanks ski :rock

Don't forget the odd pose

picture.php

I'm definitely looking forward to this release. I'm not sure if I'll get it because of space, funds, etc. But out of all of the X-Men pieces released recently (aside from Cyclops), this one has me the most interested.

From 1/12/11 Ask Sideshow...
Q.
I’d like to know when/how much is the Angel Comiquette?
A.
The Angel Comiquette will debut very soon, and it’s incredible. The wingspan is simply stunning. It’s a 1:5 scale piece, which will display very well with the other X-men Comiquette pieces (Nightcrawler, Colossus, the original Wolverine Comiquette, and more).

Sounds awesome, except for the 1/5 scale part.

Still no idea why Sideshow continues to make 1/5 pieces when the customers clearly show that they want 1/4 or bigger.

They must be selling right? Sideshow has definitely shown that they won't support something that isn't in their best interest. As long as we get 1/4 along with 1/5 I have no problem with it. For the looks the 1/5 is the "Modern" line while the 1/4 seems to be focused on the "Jim Lee" era. While that might annoy folks who want modern in 1/4 or Lee in 1/5, at least they are both coming. I don't particularly care for the 1/5 pieces so this will be a pass no matter how awesome but if they are raving about wingspan at least that gives hope that one day a 1/4 Angel/Archangel will have the same impressive trait.

Back