Sideshow Angel Comiquette - Links to Waitlist and Buy Reg in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Angel is coming

Even though it is 1/5 scale, I am still curious to see how this turns out. I wonder if SS will reveal it in one of the last two Days of Sideshow?

Archangel is a Walter Simonson design, not Jim Lee...

cool_story_bro.jpg

So why is Sideshow still making 1/5 statues when clearly most collectors want 1/4?

So why is Sideshow still making 1/5 statues when clearly most collectors want 1/4?

Cos Sideshow want to double dip on each character and don't feel that having an alternate outfit is enough of a differentiating factor so to entice the 'I won't buy a rehashed character' or 'I won't get 2 of this character' crowd, they decided to differentiate the characters with costume+scale+format. :slap

So now they have gone down the path of smaller scaled comiquettes which don't look as imposing sizewise. Only way to make them stop is to stop buying the 1/5 scale non BAH! stuff.

Hopefully, they will get out of that soon and keep the 1/5 to the BAH! ladies then get bigger and better again so we can mix and match the different outfits, comiquettes with the PFs if we wanted too.

Sideshow is trying to reach customers who may already have a character in 1/4th and they are trying to expand the comiquette market, cut costs (less poly/no fabric), and avoid items going to their gift card list (ie, warehouse). Trying to push more items into 1/5th was a way to do that...regardless of how many times fans have said that scale is important to them.

I am really disappointed that Sideshow decided that the X-Men were their guinnea pigs for this, but I will pass on any 1/5th and the more fans that do the same will quickly (I hope) teach Sideshow a lesson that we want 1/4th. It sucked passing on Colossus and will suck passing on Angel and a Jean Grey if they make them, but ranting on these boards only goes so far; I will speak with my wallet.

I encourage those who want larger scale pieces to continue in comiquette format to also use their facebook, twitter, comments and 'ask sideshow' section to speak up.

I encourage those who want larger scale pieces to continue in comiquette format to also use their facebook, twitter, comments and 'ask sideshow' section to speak up.
Good idea. I sent an email to customer service when Colossus went up for preorder and told them why I didn't order it; I forgot to do that with Nightcrawler. Sideshow reps read these boards, but some of the stuff in here is seen as just ranting; when Sideshow CS get specific emails letting them know...I think that will hit home.

Blah no Angel for me. This thread made me wanna go buy Hellboy. And no ArchAngel, I ain't waiting for the rest of the XForce. Sideshow, make me a great Apocalypse comiquette plz.

Angel in 1/4 would have been epic...whether comi or PF. The problem is if they make a 1/4 scale later down the line it will probably be archangel. I like archangel but would have been great to have another original x-men to go with cyclops. Beast comi was a bust all around IMHO.

Back