Sideshow Beetlejuice (new figure?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me it seems like you’d have to more than futz the hair. Too big, too blonde, all looks like one big piece with no styling. Surprised how many are excusing it.
Yeah that hair is pretty horrendous. Can’t even tell if I like the actual sculpt or not because I’m so distracted by that mane.

Yea the price is definitely steep, that’s why I ordered from Alter Ego to avoid the sales tax that Sideshow charges. A little promo was added too.

Yeah that hair is pretty horrendous. Can’t even tell if I like the actual sculpt or not because I’m so distracted by that mane.
Yeah for sure. I just feel like if Hot Toys released something of similar quality people would be ragging all over it. Oddly though it’s like Sideshow is getting a pass.

I think it's fairly close to proto. Not the best image, but with some work (trim top) and I think it will look good. Don't like the price, but I do like it better than HT's. I may end up getting both just to have the bookends.
View attachment 724448

It looks just like the prototype except for the hair. Just the top needs trimming.

It looks just like the prototype except for the hair. Just the top needs trimming.
Yeah let's not forget these Sideshow Live guys never do the best job with futzing, and it could be that the hair simply got pushed up in the package and wasn't corrected like it should be. I expect they'll have it looking much better for the unboxing video.

Yea I decided not to get the HT version. I love BJ but I don’t need two in the collection, one is enough and that’s for the original. Also need to learn to put my foot down and not PO every figure that releases lol.

Yeah let's not forget these Sideshow Live guys never do the best job with futzing, and it could be that the hair simply got pushed up in the package and wasn't corrected like it should be. I expect they'll have it looking much better for the unboxing video.

Good point, I can see the figure in the packaging with the hair stuffed inside tight having to flare it out the box. Man I can wait!

Yea I decided not to get the HT version. I love BJ but I don’t need two in the collection, one is enough and that’s for the original. Also need to learn to put my foot down and not PO every figure that releases lol.

I don't know, man. I think two BJs are better than one. Hopefully the first one is good enough that you don't need a second one. :)

The new film is a lot of fun, and better than I had expected. Does it top the original? Nope. There is a certain energy missing from the performances, but with a cast that is 36 years older, an incomplete ensemble, and a Tim Burton who is at a very different place in his creative career, you can't expect that same magic as the original. Still, it's worth it just to see Keaton steal every scene he's in once again. If it does well, I wouldn't be shocked if a sequel went into production within the next couple years.

1725793032311.jpeg

Yeah for sure. I just feel like if Hot Toys released something of similar quality people would be ragging all over it. Oddly though it’s like Sideshow is getting a pass.

It probably has more to do with apathy than giving Sideshow a pass.

Given their record with many 1/6 figures, collectors usually expect the worst from Sideshow with final production not meeting the proto quality or a mid 3rd party type product.

It is a minor miracle BJ did not turn out worse.:lol

For the record, I have both SSC & HT BJs on PO.

Back