Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I've just come to that realization. After all the fun I had giving Rory... blue balls.

Now I'm having Hoth withdrawals. It's my favorite outfit style but if you get Hoth Luke then you got to get Hoth Han then you have to get Hoth Leia... on and on. Best to not even start.

Truthfully, if I'm blown away by the Sideshow stuff I may change my mind and "have to have them". But with SS's track record with human offerings, my odds are good I can make a clean break.

My new "core band of heroes" as it were is going to be STAR WARS (ANH), so I like where HT is headed. Once I have those core 7 heroes, then we'll see what my OCD does then. :lol

It's been said before, but these upcoming releases are make-or-break for Sideshow. They have to give a reason for people to not say "I'll wait for Hot Toys" when it comes to main characters and human characters.

They can't rely on the Greedos or armored variants - they just don't sell anywhere near as many as Lukes and Hans.

I can't leave Hoth behind - even if I end up swapping a headsculpt later if need be. No matter what people say, everything but the headsculpt from Sideshow is on-par with HT quality.

And Rory has the upper hand. The snow jacket is definitely Blue... :lol

ForYourEyes36.jpg

Also remember that what we call "Bespin Han" is also pretty all encompassing for any ESB theme you want. He wore that outfit in Echo Base, the asteroid field, and of course Bespin (with a little carry over into Jabba's palace and the Sarlacc pit minus the jacket.)

And all you have to do is throw a blue parka on him and you have the full Hoth costume.

That's a great picture!

I actually would love to have those two figures.

Dammit! SEE!!!!

:lol

Also, I know this wouldn't be the most immediate thought that most people would have for the most singular Leia but her medical frigate look actually gives you her iconic ANH gown (complete with hood, it was literally years before I realized that's what she was wearing at the end of Empire) but with an ESB hairstyle to represent the second film as well.

91p.jpg

Also, I know this wouldn't be the most immediate thought that most people would have for the most singular Leia but her medical frigate look actually gives you her iconic ANH gown (complete with hood, it was literally years before I realized that's what she was wearing at the end of Empire) but with an ESB hairstyle to represent the second film as well.
Damn, I never realized she was wearing her ANH outfit at the end of Empire. Seems crazy that I never spotted that. Thanks, Khev! :thud:

Wow...so Han's due in January, Luke in February and the Tauntaun is still listed for December? So anyone picking that up is going to have it sitting there with no rider for a month (or longer).

Trying to remember...did this happen with the Dewback and the Desert Sandie when they cam out?

Not a big deal or anything...just curious.

According to my own records, Deluxe Sandie was released in November '11 with the Dewback following closely in December '11.

Ummmm... so when did this get pushed back to 2015?

Last time I checked it said November?

Also remember that what we call "Bespin Han" is also pretty all encompassing for any ESB theme you want. He wore that outfit in Echo Base, the asteroid field, and of course Bespin (with a little carry over into Jabba's palace and the Sarlacc pit minus the jacket.)

Just like "Ceremonial Luke" was actually "Rebel Luke", i.e. the default costume he was meant to wear from then on, as seen in the publicity pics:

e3e7f05ede3df67e8564c56543c66400.jpg

Damn, I never realized she was wearing her ANH outfit at the end of Empire. Seems crazy that I never spotted that. Thanks, Khev! :thud:

Just like it took me decades to notice this ...

han-clothes.jpeg

Back