Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I decided to order the Hoth Luke and will probably get Han eventually. Had a question about the exclusive for this though, is it just the jacket color or does one have an additional head sculpt? The one with the brown jacket lists a sculpt without headgear as an exclusive but the blue jacket seems to list that in the regular summary of what's included. I'm guessing Sideshow just messed up the listing or something but just wanted to ask before I decide which to get.

The exclusive item is technically just the non-headgear head. It's confusing, but there are basically two exclusive versions of Hoth Han, one with the blue coat and one with the brown coat and each come with the exclusive head without headgear. So you can get the ex (the non-headgear head) with either a brown coat or a blue coat.

In other words, the regular version is a brown coated Han with just one head sculpt with headgear.

Edit: SithThundercracker beat me to it.

The brown is the one that lists the extra sculpt as an accessory though. Also I've read through this thread and don't want to get into a big thing about the jacket color. Just buy what you like or both if you really have to. :lol

Ah okay what Mad Old Lu said makes more sense. Thanks!

I ordered the Blue Coat version just because I liked it more. This figure will be a welcomed addition to my collection.

I can't really decide which one I want. Sort of leaning towards the brown but the blue seems like it could be more sought after since it is the exclusive version. The brown looks better overall to me though and since I don't plan to sell any figures the re-sale value doesn't matter much to me. Its a shame Sideshow just didn't include both versions as part of their exclusive. Maybe if a second one doesn't cost too much I'll try and pick up the one I don't get as an alternate.

Regardless of screen or prop accuracy, the blue has the nostalgia factor.

:goodpost: Never underestimate the Kenner factor.:lecture

I was just watching the Harmy despecialized Blu's (wow - in places, quality seems better than the official blu's) and while the coat is 100% brown in places, it is also 100% blue in places - the scene I just watched was Han checking in with Chewy as Chewy welds and it's blue there.

the scene I just watched was Han checking in with Chewy as Chewy welds and it's blue there.

Nope, still brown:
6_zps3d515244.jpg

Nope, still brown:
6_zps3d515244.jpg

Screen grab from whose computer, with who-knows-what color balance and minor tweaks? I've seen pics from Raiders where the same scenes look really golden or very muted and normal. Playing my blu's on my brand new HD TV, in that scene the coat is definitively 100% blue...:dunno

And sorry... even in your pic the coat's bruen...:lol

In other scenes on the blu's... coat is brown though.

Maybe try your brown-rays to see if they're different...

It's not a screen pic, it's a clip made directly from the dvd output of my dvd ripped Laserdisc copy (the only existing official unlatered edition off the OT).
That was made beacause people swore the scene was originally even bluer than the SE, DVD, and BR, which is clearly not the case.
The only scene where the damn thing looks blue is when Han is dismounting the Taun taun, directly under blue light.
1_zpsff9ed79c.jpg

I am sorry if they added more blue in the latter editions, but that should be treated like Anakin's ghost, Han shoot first, Jabba's tail and so on... :dunno

It's not a screen pic, it's a clip made directly from the dvd output of my dvd ripped Laserdisc copy (the only existing official unlatered edition off the OT).
That was made beacause people swore the scene was originally even bluer than the SE, DVD, and BR, which is clearly not the case.
The only scene where the damn thing looks blue is when Han is dismounting the Taun taun, directly under blue light.
1_zpsff9ed79c.jpg

I am sorry if they added more blue in the latter editions, but that should be treated like Anakin's ghost, Han shoot first, Jabba's tail and so on... :dunno

Why don't you write Ford and ask him what color it is? :lol

If you get the book by Brandon Alinger/ LFL Archives regarding original trilogy costumes.......the jacket is featured full page spread professional photograph. It is confirmed BROWN.

I saw this jacket many times in person, and I can say its without a doubt 100% brown.

Hope this helps.

Back