Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I disagree about Snake looking bad. It doesn't look anywhere near as bad as Drake did. The eye looks pretty good in these new set of shots. The paint is okay too. Maybe a little on the plain side, but I'd rather them under do it than overdo it.

Don't know mate, I have Drake and this looks just like it to me. And the jaw is weird and square just like Drakes, from that stupid white eye block they squeezed inside the soft face, hair also looks like the same badly molded and painted do from Drake. Is it as bad as Drake? No, not on these professional Sideshow pics, but I was genuinely hoping that the Drake fiasco had made SS rethink their production of 1/6 human heads. I don't think it has.

:dunno

ScreenShot2015-01-20at183818_zpsdf03eee9.png
jitfshtorzgd24ryicmo_zps3f5f72c8.jpg
M1106-3_zps0f798e2b.jpg

Last edited:
The seperate eye system definitely looks better with the new Rex phase 2 photos, hopefully they will have perfected it by the time we get this figure.

Just got this email. I don't know if it's already been posted:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for pre-ordering the Echo Base Han Solo 1:6 scale figure with us.

I’m writing today about an issue that Sideshow has encountered that will delay the delivery of your item. Sideshow receives all of our items from China via containers shipped into the Port of Long Beach. These containers are then trucked to Sideshow’s warehouse where they are shipped out to our collectors. Unfortunately, the Port of Long Beach is experiencing serious delays due to a work slowdown caused by dock workers looking to influence contract negotiations.

Currently, Sideshow has a number of containers of product stuck at the port. In an effort to keep our customer’s informed I wanted to let you know that we are expecting this item to begin shipping between March and April of 2015.

We appreciate your patience as we wait for the port to expedite container movement and make deliveries. We will continue to keep you updated with the latest information about your item. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Best regards,

William Mendoza
Customer Service Manager

Same here

Damn, I guess the latest now is that we're not getting this until May now. That's what they just moved my last payment to, and the website now says April-May as well.

Sigh.

Is 16 months some kind of a record for a 1/6 figure from P.O. to ship date? I know the PF droids were several years from initial announcement to ship date.

Aw, crap! Really? Damn. This strike has really messed things up royally. I mean, 1 or 2 months back up isn't so bad, but 4-5 months now is really serious business. And like I've said before, even if the strike ends tomorrow, they still have the past month's worth of back up to sort out!

Once everything starts flooding in during the summer, it's gonna get very expensive with everything coming at the same time.

Then again, everything coming at once will be like Christmas! :banana

Sucks about the delay but I guess it is out of Sideshow's hands. Interestingly the product page for Luke still says March. I wonder if it just isn't updated though.

As Sideshow have no mean to determine precisely when items will be released from the port, my guess is they decided to take a larger margin and plan for a last flexpay charging in 4 month instead of updating each customer on a month to month basis. At least, if they ever get the figures earlier, they'll contact customers and offer to charge last payment when they are certain they can ship.

If this figure is really ready to ship and just waiting in a container in a port, I just can't understand why Sideshow can't put out any pictures of the finished product. For god sake, don't they have cameras in whatever factory they are producing it?! Hot Toys always has in hand photos released by early bird bloggers BEFORE the figure is being shipped to the public, can't say why here this is not the case.
Only reasonable explanation for this lack of pictures is either the figure is not yet produced (and they are using shipping delays as an excuse) or the final product is less than desirable so they don't want to burst their bubble just yet and cause cancelations.

Sideshow seems to send out early review samples, just not as early as Hot Toys and there isn't really one specific blogger that always reviews their items.

The release of this figure and Luke has really been dragged out. I think they first showed these at sdcc 2013. The longer they get delayed the more concerned I get about how good or bad they may look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If these are stuck on a boat, then Sideshow has also issued an embargo for stores overseas that are supplied directly from China and aren't affected by work/strike issues in the US. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out - this is on my list, but I'll only pull the trigger when it's in stock as I'd like to pay for it immediately at order time.

If these are stuck on a boat, then Sideshow has also issued an embargo for stores overseas that are supplied directly from China and aren't affected by work/strike issues in the US. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out - this is on my list, but I'll only pull the trigger when it's in stock as I'd like to pay for it immediately at order time.

If a few SSC R2's are starting to show up in-hand in Asia (i.e. not purchased through Sideshow in the U.S., so I guess never got stuck in a U.S. port) shouldn't there be some in-hand pics of this guy in the next few days too?

I assumed everything went from the China factory to SSC in the U.S. and SSC then sent it to their direct customers as well as their distributors overseas, but maybe those distribs get them straight from the factory?

Back