Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I intend on using the second head sculpt to update my Bespin Han. That way I get One Cool ass figure and a great update option.

Yeah that'll definitely be worth trying. It's just a shame that we'll still be stuck with the same crappy, undersized jacket.

Here's hoping the entire figure gets updated sometime soon.

Im just not sure how I feel about this figure. With all respect, I do also see very native american features in the SS sculpt. This is by no means a troll comment.
For those that criticize both sculpts for likeness: Im a professional artist of many years. My advice to you..."You try it and see how it comes out."

Yeah I have, and the answer is: not well. :lol

I do agree though that it's probably not realistic to expect the SSC or HT artists to suddenly nail a likeness that no one else in history has been able to capture either. I think both are very worthwhile attempts though, and am really looking forward to seeing what the Hoth Han looks like in person.

Im just not sure how I feel about this figure. With all respect, I do also see very native american features in the SS sculpt. This is by no means a troll comment.
For those that criticize both sculpts for likeness: Im a professional artist of many years. My advice to you..."You try it and see how it comes out."

Some of it is lighting - it's a dark pic and the color is off.

Or maybe SSC were planning a Billy Jack figure and decided it was close enough.

I think part of the issue is they might have tried to use most of the same sculpt for both heads. Meaning the sculpt with the cap, indicating that he's outside, makes sense to have a furrowed brow and more squinted eyes. But the sculpt for inside echo base probably doesn't need to look like he's staring at bright white snow.

Sometimes I wish sideshow would just offer the outfits on their own. I was gong to use the goggles and cover the face with the scarf, so the likeness really isn't an issue.

Yeah I have, and the answer is: not well. :lol

I do agree though that it's probably not realistic to expect the SSC or HT artists to suddenly nail a likeness that no one else in history has been able to capture either. I think both are very worthwhile attempts though, and am really looking forward to seeing what the Hoth Han looks like in person.

One ssc sculptor has... Trevor Grove did an outstanding job on the indy pf's, and captured harrison fords image better than anyone to date. The companies paint apps 'masked' some of the detail, but i have been amazed just how good the sculpts were with a professional repaint.
I know the discussion is about 1/6 scale, but he made a pretty good effort in that respect aswell, with the RotlA indy back in 2009.

Heres a pic of a repainted ToD pf:
SC20140811-225439.jpg

One ssc sculptor has... Trevor Grove did an outstanding job on the indy pf's, and captured harrison fords image better than anyone to date. The companies paint apps 'masked' some of the detail, but i have been amazed just how good the sculpts were with a professional repaint.
I know the discussion is about 1/6 scale, but he made a pretty good effort in that respect aswell, with the RotlA indy back in 2009.

Heres a pic of a repainted ToD pf:
View attachment 157635

Jesus, that's bad. In that photo it looks like Steve Buscemi.

Yeah the TOD PF is definitely one of the best Indy sculpts out there. Not sure why I keep forgetting about that one.

Although I'm not sure I've seen any truly fantastic repaints of it yet (at least on the level of the beautiful paintjobs done on some 1/6 Indys).

Just got this email. I don't know if it's already been posted:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for pre-ordering the Echo Base Han Solo 1:6 scale figure with us.

I’m writing today about an issue that Sideshow has encountered that will delay the delivery of your item. Sideshow receives all of our items from China via containers shipped into the Port of Long Beach. These containers are then trucked to Sideshow’s warehouse where they are shipped out to our collectors. Unfortunately, the Port of Long Beach is experiencing serious delays due to a work slowdown caused by dock workers looking to influence contract negotiations.

Currently, Sideshow has a number of containers of product stuck at the port. In an effort to keep our customer’s informed I wanted to let you know that we are expecting this item to begin shipping between March and April of 2015.

We appreciate your patience as we wait for the port to expedite container movement and make deliveries. We will continue to keep you updated with the latest information about your item. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Best regards,

William Mendoza
Customer Service Manager

This port deal is going to make March/April a heavy time for receiving a ton of figures all at once. Maybe, they can just pack them all in one box to save us on some shipping.

It's unlikely. i've tried every which way to get Sideshow to bundle shipments, but unless the warehouse guys catch it and decide to do it ad hoc, there's no way to arrange it. I think in that sort of situation, where they have a huge glut of product, they'll likely just send it all out individually and not try to organize beforehand.

Same thing happened with Phase II Rex. The delay turned out to not be nearly as long as Sideshow thought. Maybe the same will go for Han.

Anyone know if SSC will be attending C7?
With all these glut of figures backing up,maybe I can pick them up at C7 lol.

Got the same delay notice (twice) for this figure. March or April could be expensive as I have both Hoth Luke and Han, R2-D2, and the Shadow Trooper on order.

Back