Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, so I wonder will they move the flex payments up again then? Because they already moved my last payment to May, and I'm really hoping I'm not going to be stuck with that now...

My Artoo is stuck on March 15th and both Hans stuck on May 5th.

These are the last of my Flex payments. Everything since I've chosen full payment so they can be cancelled to have codes applied, or just cancelled if they turn out crap!

It sounds to me like any 5-7 week orders haven't yet left China. Wonder if they put just a small random number of various figures into a container for whatever shipment has already come in.

More than R2, I really look forward to -- and need -- in hand photos. This figure for me is teetering on the fence. I imagine many here are the same considering the new pricing and just how many multiples you can now afford with the pricing.

I'm trying not to think about this figure too much. I just got depressed visiting the Snake Plissken thread... That figure looks like a $25 mass-market toy honestly. Very disappointed to see its head sculpt turn out like that (and the poor QC people are talking about with the rest of it). The head looks like it's been cast in a flesh-toned plastic and had only minimal paint applied to it for feature details - exactly how mass-market toys are done. This better not be what they're doing with the Hoth figures. Compared to what Threezero is producing, it would be totally laughable if it weren't so sad - it's like 1/6 production stepped back 15 years.

I'm trying not to think about this figure too much. I just got depressed visiting the Snake Plissken thread... That figure looks like a $25 mass-market toy honestly. Very disappointed to see its head sculpt turn out like that (and the poor QC people are talking about with the rest of it). The head looks like it's been cast in a flesh-toned plastic and had only minimal paint applied to it for feature details - exactly how mass-market toys are done. This better not be what they're doing with the Hoth figures. Compared to what Threezero is producing, it would be totally laughable if it weren't so sad - it's like 1/6 production stepped back 15 years.

The term 'Plisskened' might be taking over from the term 'Draked'.

Sideshow better not Plissken Han or Luke. :mad:

The term 'Plisskened' might be taking over from the term 'Draked'.

I'm sure it can look a lot better with a $100-$200 re-paint, but damn, that's really killing a bunch of the value proposition with buying a commercial figure to begin with.

The two Hoth figures, along with R2, are the only Sideshow 1/6 figures on my list right now. That Taun Taun will feel mighty lonely with only a Probe Droid and Snow Trooper to keep him company. I don't think even adding HT's Chewbacca is going to make it feel terribly happy.

I'm taking these 5-7 week notices with a grain of salt. I got a 5-7 week notice for Rex and less than a week later a 2 day notice and then he shipped. Got a 5-7 week notice on Snake and had him within 3 weeks. Got a 5-7 week notice for R2D2 about 3 weeks ago and he's charging (and hopefully shipping) tomorrow. I think Sideshow is sending these when they know stock is at the dock and playing it safe with a long timeframe as the stock works it's way slowly through the industrial action.

I'm sure it can look a lot better with a $100-$200 re-paint, but damn, that's really killing a bunch of the value proposition with buying a commercial figure to begin with.

At least with Drake the clothes and accessories looked good. With Plissken just about everything is wrong.

Unconvincing jacket; trousers that ride so low he moons when he bends over; boots so deformed he can't stand; poorly painted head and accessories; clothes staining the body.

I tried to remain optimistic for as long as possible, but there's no denying he's a cluster****.

What we saw of almost-production Han was at least more promising.

The one thing with this figure is that you get quite a lot of outfit for the $180 price (that's with the $20 coupon discount).

That and you get a 2nd head that could possibly bring your old Bespin Han out of retirement.

The one thing with this figure is that you get quite a lot of outfit for the $180 price (that's with the $20 coupon discount).

That and you get a 2nd head that could possibly bring your old Bespin Han out of retirement.

And the Luke is even better with 3 heads. Must be that inbreeding.

Looking forward to my screen accurate Blue Coat Han. :peace

I haven't bought a SS figure since 2009, and I am highly considering picking this up. So for those that have recent SS figures, how are the bodies they use now?

Got the notice too (Ex blue coat - full payment). First final production pics should hit any day now.

Back