Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd rather they looked more like this.

1b1f3872520c3d44a7c2eca441c387d4.jpg

That looks so good. And, importantly... about as good as the proto.

That reminds me... I need to buy that figure. Pretty much everything on it is 10/10.

I think the paint work on Rex is actually pretty good... again, as long as you don't count in that stupid seam. MWCToys did a review and his pics are usually a fair idea of what it will look like in hand:

review_rex_3.jpg

Interestingly, after I looked at this picture a bit I noticed the lower half of the face kind of looks like Ford... just give him a scar on the chin :lol

The term 'Plisskened' might be taking over from the term 'Draked'.

Sideshow better not Plissken Han or Luke. :mad:

The Drake head still looked much worse by far... mostly because the eyes were often misaligned, the plate distorted the jawline and the wonderful sculpt from Trevor was poorly modified to allow the 3 part-head system to work. The Plissken sculpt (while not a great likeness) is still the same sculpt we saw on the proto and the paint is not too far off from that either... it's not HT, but it's also not as bad as the first Indiana Jones head :lol

The only thing in Indy's favour at the moment is his higher price point. It might be an incentive for Sideshow to put a bit of effort in.

That won't make a difference... the higher cost is just a factor of time and licensing. It will be the same mixed-bag of frustration all the 1/6 figures from Sideshow end up being. I kind of wish I could just say I'm done buying from Sideshow, but they still have the strongest potential range of 1/6 SW figures so I know I'll keep coming back for more abuse :lol

I haven't bought a SS figure since 2009, and I am highly considering picking this up. So for those that have recent SS figures, how are the bodies they use now?

Mixed bag... they now use the Prometheus body (not the Buck) and it has potential to be a good body, but a good portion of the time time there is something funky about it; either knees that are too loose or impossible to bend, or some other weird issue. Sideshow seems to continually make small adjustments to the body, but often time the new adjustment causes more issue than the old problem :lol

Does anyone part out Sideshow figures?

Toy Anxiety and Monkey Depot are the two main on-line resources and then you have eBay and a number of other sites.

The Drake head still looked much worse by far... mostly because the eyes were often misaligned, the plate distorted the jawline and the wonderful sculpt from Trevor was poorly modified to allow the 3 part-head system to work. The Plissken sculpt (while not a great likeness) is still the same sculpt we saw on the proto and the paint is not too far off from that either... it's not HT, but it's also not as bad as the first Indiana Jones head :lol

It's not so much the head on Plissken as virtually everything else. Of the relatively small number of people reporting they've received him there is a wide variety of issues covering the body, clothing, and accessories.

Drake looked like a good figure...apart from the head. Though the head is a pretty significant part of a figure!

galactiboy said:
That won't make a difference... the higher cost is just a factor of time and licensing. It will be the same mixed-bag of frustration all the 1/6 figures from Sideshow end up being.

Unfortunately you speak the truth. :(

galactiboy said:
I kind of wish I could just say I'm done buying from Sideshow, but they still have the strongest potential range of 1/6 SW figures so I know I'll keep coming back for more abuse :lol

I might be insane (as well!) because I still want the Exclusive Snake Plissken eventually. :blissysmi

I guess it probably helps that I'm not expecting a HT quality paint job to begin with. Or something as good as one of Rahmier's heads in the custom section.

And frankly this seems more like the standard anyway. The Big Chief paint jobs certainly aren't that great, after all. Or any of the other companies figures I've seen...that aren't HT.

It's not so much the head on Plissken as virtually everything else. Of the relatively small number of people reporting they've received him there is a wide variety of issues covering the body, clothing, and accessories.

That's why I returned Plissken. The head was good, but the rest of the figure wasn't.

It was such a let down after the awesome Batman they put out.

That's why I returned Plissken. The head was good, but the rest of the figure wasn't.

It was such a let down after the awesome Batman they put out.

It's taken over thirty years to get a licensed sixth scale Snake Plissken, and then that happens. :thud:

I'm nevertheless drawn to the figure, and the potential he'll have seen on display from a moderate distance. But I don't feel good about dropping much money on him.

So... is Han suddenly going to pop into "shipping within a week" or is this many weeks away as the e-mail suggests? I thought R2 was trapped in port for a month or more then suddenly it's shipping and in-hand. Hope that's the case here.

If the paint app on Han is this detailed and good I will be very happy.

That's a nice photo (which I omitted from the quote). If the Han look as good in hand as you made that photo look, I'd be happy too.

Last edited:
That's a nice photo (which I omitted form the quote). If the Han look as good in hand as you made that photo look, I'd be happy too.

Straight shot with macro lens using an Olympus EP5. No manipulation. Obviously the nature of the shot hides the seam issue, but that's a different matter. I'm happy with the paint app. As I mentioned in the Snake thread, it's hard to have those two figures, released a week apart, in hand and believe they are from the same company.

it's hard to have those two figures, released a week apart, in hand and believe they are from the same company.

They may not be produced at the same factory, which makes all the difference in the world. Sideshow has the money to hire outside talent, they have wonderfully talented artists within the company, they just need to find a more consistent and higher quality manufacturing partner.

Wow, I've made a typo on "from" 3 times tonight. Either too much skiing - nope! or too much wine - maybe. ;)

Back