Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost a year later, I asked if we could let by-gones be by-gones, and if I could buy one of his lightsabres. Nope. He told me to F off. Another landmark event of mature behaviour at this site and in this hobby.

Let's keep private conversations private, even ones that absolutely did not happen. You may be referring to yet another instance, last year (a long time after the 2013 coat discussion here), where you flipped out on a number of people in PUBLIC, where I mentioned that I wasn't interested in doing business with you. And if it wasn't clear then, let me make it perfectly clear now, it's not because of any discussions about coat color. And at no point in time, public or private, have I ever told anyone on this forum to "F off."

Last edited:
So which one's better - blue or brown?

That depends. I find blue makes me faster down the hill, so I only wear brown around town. I've also got a couple in grey, one for the hill (extra warm) and one again for around town. All are suitable for Tauntaun riding as long as the boot color doesn't clash.

Well I just hope we get some production pics soon, so I can decide once and for all which damn coat to get. Lol

I wonder though if it might be possible to take the blue coat and weather it with some dark brown chalk pastels, to get it closer to the true color. Because with the fringy thing around the hood it doesn't look like it'll be easy to dye in any other way....

At no point did you ever announce you were not "interested in doing business with you" since I never contacted you privately on any matter ever prior to about six weeks ago.

This happened six weeks ago did it? Please produce your original PM and my reply. You can send it to me in a PM, we don't want to clutter up the forum. But I won't expect anything, because it didn't happen. No PM was ever sent to me and certainly no reply was ever made - like I said, I've never told anyone on this forum off as you've described.

I'm just calling you out for what you are.

No, you're just making things up, like you did in the other thread I referenced from last year - not from 2013. And if it's your memory that's failing, I won't be holding my breath for a reply or apology when or if you realize that you're mistaken. Sorry, I don't do crazy, and that's reason enough not to deal with someone.

Oh, and to make sure I'M not going crazy, I've dumped to a text file all my sent messages (from Dec 11 2014 until today) and all my received messages (from April 2014 until today) and there's no match for "puffs" of any kind. I purge sent messages every now and then, but the only received messages I purge are sales messages which I take to email.

Last edited:
I wonder though if it might be possible to take the blue coat and weather it with some dark brown chalk pastels, to get it closer to the true color. Because with the fringy thing around the hood it doesn't look like it'll be easy to dye in any other way....

That is a really clever idea. I've only used pastels in painting heads heretofore. I'm not sure nylon would absorb the particles right, but hopefully it is cotton. I Bought two blue coat versions, so maybe one Kenner-style and one darkened.

Yeah I've found pastel to be really good quick and easy way to weather leather and other materials, but not so sure about the fabric in a coat like that. But in theory it seems like you should be able to rub it in and get a similar kind of result.

You are lying and fabricating a history. You were seething specifically because of the 2013 coat discussion and continued to attack me in various threads with real venom for some time thereafter. For example, when I criticised the port to the new system (which in no way was a personal shot at you), which wiped out years of photo archives and thus makes many older threads useless as references, you were there to denounce me as personally "entitled" for wanting to preserve a useful aspect of this forum for everyone.

At no point did you ever announce you were not "interested in doing business with you" since I never contacted you privately on any matter ever prior to about six weeks ago.

Forgive me for thinking you were mature enough to let things go like Rorywan, as you can see in this thread, or Niltusk, devilof76, and others I have squabbled with over the years and later had very friendly interactions. In fact I have fought with them over political and social views that actually matter. And yes some of them have bought clothing from me after clashing and I was not a git about it.

Face it, you bear a petty grudge because I refused to accept your views as holy writ on the subject of the colour of a coat in a movie. I backed out of the coat discussion for over a year. I'm only reading this thread to see production photos, but of course fund you still at it. I'm just calling you out for what you are.

But weren't you the one that was convinced that PP would steal your money because you had an argument with him on the internet? I wouldn't want to business with such people either.

I may have mixed up the people here who has feuded with PP. It is a quite a few, you do get around Pixel. :lol

Let's all play nice and yeah I know, I'm...

image.png

Thread cleaned. Sorry, some posts were collateral damage.

Didn't Toy Hunters post an inhand pic? Somebody go find it and post it.

It's strange with the rest of the world now getting Sideshow figures long before those that live an hour from Sideshow.

But weren't you the one that was convinced that PP would steal your money because you had an argument with him on the internet? I wouldn't want to business with such people either.

I may have mixed up the people here who has feuded with PP. It is a quite a few, you do get around Pixel. :lol

No I never accused him of that and have no reason to believe that he would cheat me (or anyone else) or deliver sub-standard work as some sort of passive aggressive gesture.

[Removed after PM sent proving PM sent as originally stated.]

No matter. I will simply 3D print my own blade casings, which is what makes his work stand out. Fortunately he is not the only way to get cathode lightsabres, since I already own two from someone else.

Last edited:
This could all be solved with one in hand picture of Hoth Solo's face.

Didn't Toy Hunters post an inhand pic? Somebody go find it and post it.

It's strange with the rest of the world now getting Sideshow figures long before those that live an hour from Sideshow.

It's either gonna be the biggest cheer of relief or similar to Obi-Wans line in ANH about a million voices suddenly crying out..
:lol

At least we can be sure the outfit and gear will be great, be it blue or brown.

We all know this figure is going to be torn to pieces once it's released. If people can find fault with HT Gamora, they're going to find fault with this.

Back