Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing I didn't like from that recent toy show early production version was how the texture of the fur-lined hood seemed to have changed. The first one looks soft and the second one looks like a Brillo pad.
Left is original SDCC display and right is Toy Seoul.

Looks a little like Phil Spector wearing ski goggles.

Looks a little like Phil Spector wearing ski goggles.

:lol

At least Sideshow got the furry hood accurate...

1.164240.jpg

Just so long as he doesn't get Draked...

phil-spector.jpg

Looking forward to Hot Toys' Episode VII Han Solo...

Phil-Spector.jpg

:horror

The problem with one sixth is many of the characters we want don't look right with a neutral expression. Han Solo and Indiana Jones are good examples.

Harrison Ford has a bunch of facial expressions we all know. Mouth shut looking forward isn't one of them.

Even if it looks exactly like the prototype, I have a feeling people are still going to rip it apart. Lol

I for one don't like the sculpt much at all. What I am very interested in though is the technical merits of the production and paint. Even a terrible sculpt can have good paints and production value, HT have a few that looks like a real person shrunk down, just not quite the person it's supposed to look like.

Good production values and lifelike paint would go a long way at this point and help future sales, regardless if it actually looks like Harrison Ford.

The problem with one sixth is many of the characters we want don't look right with a neutral expression. Han Solo and Indiana Jones are good examples.

Harrison Ford has a bunch of facial expressions we all know. Mouth shut looking forward isn't one of them.

Yeah even at his most neutral, there's still usually at least a hint of emotion on Ford's face. Whether it's bemusement or anger or exasperation. Much as I do like the Hoth Han head, it does seem to be lacking even a trace of that kind of thing unfortunately.

Even a simple determined expression like this would have been preferable I think:

han (640x425).jpg

^ Well one is top quality used for display to get you to purchase and the other is a mass produced production sample with cheaper materials.

It may be a cynical comment but one is a nice fur looking material and the other is well......

I hope I'm wrong.

Yup, the one on the left is rabbit fur by the looks of it, the one on the right is some crude plasti-fur.
Which is crazy because every 1$ kids toy from HK is covered in rabbit fur. They cover everything in the stuff. Little horses, little cats, cheap rubbish. Must have been too expensive or difficult for SSC to use.

Must have been too expensive or difficult for SSC to use.

Either that, or they considered it to be politically incorrect for a worldwide market.

In the UK there's a lot a of sensitivity towards using bits of fwuffy ickle animals.

881350f6-930f-4ee7-9159-c5df6f8d7fd8_5.jpg

:lecture

Sadly I had to cancel my order for this, hopefully there will be some still available later on down the road. But I still want in hand pics.

I go away for 12 hours and come to back find photos of Phil Spector, rabbits, and someone telling me that Han Sole never has his mouth shut while looking forward.

Either that, or they considered it to be politically incorrect for a worldwide market.

In the UK there's a lot a of sensitivity towards using bits of fwuffy ickle animals.

881350f6-930f-4ee7-9159-c5df6f8d7fd8_5.jpg

:lecture

I'm in Ireland, so same sensitivities. But rabbit fur is everywhere mate, it's acceptable in even Peta groups because it's farmed. Lot's of clothing, footwear and toys use it. It's just a by product of the food industry, like leather. I think either Medicom or HT used it on Jack Sparrow anyway. Cute rabbit though!

Sorry, rabbit. You're cute and all, but I need my Star Wars action figure to have a realistic fur-lined hood.

You can pick one up in the pet store when you decide to mod your Solo coat? The scale would be better on a small baby rabbit. An orphan preferably.

The local time is 10:31 in Britain and Ireland now, surely it can't be much longer?

:gah: GIF didn't work.

Attachments

• tumblr_mdgfiwQyM21qdx4k4o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_mdgfiwQyM21qdx4k4o1_500.jpg
    21.8 KB
You can pick one up in the pet store when you decide to mod your Solo coat? The scale would be better on a small baby rabbit. An orphan preferably.

a_cute_little_rabbit_____by_jamaicamae012-d5jfjgo.jpg

"After dinner I'll tell you a story about a man who had to go and look for his missing friend in the snow. It was very, very cold..."

a_cute_little_rabbit_____by_jamaicamae012-d5jfjgo.jpg

"After dinner I'll tell you a story about a man who had to go and look for his missing friend in the snow. It was very, very cold..."

That would be perfect, can you order those online? I would get at least 10 hood linings out of that, should we start an interest thread?

One thing I didn't like from that recent toy show early production version was how the texture of the fur-lined hood seemed to have changed. The first one looks soft and the second one looks like a Brillo pad.
Left is original SDCC display and right is Toy Seoul.

Bit of a Michael Jackson nose job evident there too from proto to prod'n.

Back