Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's f'n awesome guys, I really like it. Clothing very well done. Sculpt is definitely Ford and paint apps are great too. I think it's turned out brilliant.

Hans here, iPhone pics on way now

Thanks for the pics!

paramoremcr88 said:
He's f'n awesome guys, I really like it. Clothing very well done. Sculpt is definitely Ford and paint apps are great too. I think it's turned out brilliant.

With Sideshow (post-Snake) words can be more expressive than the photos themselves of what you're really getting.

Now, can that coat be futzed to hide the fasteners?

Thanks for that summary. The eyes in your pics had me worried. Bit of a gap around them and very wide. But I know from Snake that in hand he doesn't look anywhere near as bad as the pics so your in hand comments carry a lot more weight than the pictures themselves.

Is he still in the plastic shell in those pics or is that out of the box? The "fur" on the hood just looks very light on.

But I know from Snake that in hand he doesn't look anywhere near as bad as the pics so your in hand comments carry a lot more weight than the pictures themselves.

Oh, we said almost exactly the same thing at the same time.

Spooky. :lol

I think the eyes are awful. Completely ruin it for me. Amazed you guys are cool with this.

Thanks for posting though Jay, you are a star. What do you think of the rest of the set?

Reminds me of Team America.

teamamericadamon_zpsfafeb567.jpg
hqdefault_zps98ee7ea2.jpg
6E5CBF02-6EB0-4B65-94EC-2F111851702D_zpspg7dpoje.jpg

There isn't much in way of paint texture on the face is there, and even though the eyes doesn't look that bad at all (in that it's not just a undefined blob), there is that dead stare.

I think the eyes are awful. Completely ruin it for me. Amazed you guys are cool with this.

Thanks for posting though Jay, you are a star. What do you think of the rest of the set?

Reminds me of Team America.

It does look a little like someone sliced off part of the lower lid/eyelashes with a scalpel. HT does that slightly funky thing with the tiny painted eyelash lines that sort of works to make it look realistic.

Also, not quite enough of a depression under the eyes, which is what gives it that slightly Asian appearance.

There isn't much in way of paint texture on the face is there, and even though the eyes doesn't look that bad at all (in that it's not just a undefined blob), there is that dead stare.

Luke used the Jedi mind trick on him and it went a little wrong.

It does look a little like someone sliced off part of the lower lid/eyelashes with a scalpel. HT does that slightly funky thing with the tiny painted eyelash lines that sort of works to make it look realistic.

Also, not quite enough of a depression under the eyes, which is what gives it that slightly Asian appearance.
Yeah, the bottom eyelids look handcut with a knife. Time to give up on "glass" eyes SS. While these are nowhere as bad as Drakes they just kill whatever chance the sculpt had of looking good.

The evolution of Proto to Production.. (might look a bit better with the correct colour coat)..

70EA5475-4B14-4780-A138-126FFCDC58F4_zps3f57176d.jpg
6E5CBF02-6EB0-4B65-94EC-2F111851702D_zpspg7dpoje.jpg

You can see that under the hood, Trevor's sculpt has slightly narrowed eyes, though it seems some of the depression under the eyes was lost in the molding process. In looking at the pictures (and also the production piece shown a month or so ago at the show) the face definitely has a slightly Asian and slightly female look to it - which is an odd look for Han Solo.:lol

That being said, I'm sorta-kinda of okay with it, given these are way zoomed-in pics. The real test will come when we see the EX head production pics in the SSC e-mail because that will have no hood or scarf to hide anything, and it will have that hair-seam issue in full view.

sideshow_hoth_han_by_trevorgrove-d6ehov1.jpg

You can see that under the hood, Trevor's sculpt has slightly narrowed eyes, though it seems some of the depression under the eyes was lost in the molding process. In looking at the pictures (and also the production piece shown a month or so ago at the show) the face definitely has a slightly Asian and slightly female look to it - which is an odd look for Han Solo.:lol

That being said, I'm sorta-kinda of okay with it, given these are way zoomed-in pics. The real test will come when we see the EX head production pics in the SSC e-mail because that will have no hood or scarf to hide anything, and it will have that hair-seam issue in full view.

Those official pics will be photoshopped and fixed though?
Trevor's sculpt looks great in that pic. :(

Those official pics will be photoshopped and fixed though?
Trevor's sculpt looks great in that pic. :(

Not sure how he does those pics - all his sculpts look like that on his deviant art page.

It does look great, but it is helped by the fact there is no coat or scarf cutting off the view of the jawline, which is pretty key for a HF portrait.

You can clearly see the sculpted depression under the eyes that seems a lot less pronounced in the prod'n head. It's possible that the support for the insert eyes has distorted the back of that area, making it bulge out a bit.

Not the best photos.. (no offense Para). :lol

Looks like extreme close up syndrome -but I think I was right before about the psychotic mannequin thing.

Rory just emphasized it. :lol

Back