Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder why we now have it in-hand then. I think there was some unloading of ships, so maybe it slipped through.

I don't think they ever stopped unloading the ships.

They're just doing it very slowly in between hour long coffee breaks.

I don't think they ever stopped unloading the ships.

They're just doing it very slowly in between hour long coffee breaks.

Just googled it - it was a stop, then they agreed to temporary unload crews, bosses accused them of intentionally going slowly, so it's a total stoppage again.

Sideshow just changed their distribution within Asia to have Hot Toys distribute their products there. So I gather all the stock set for Asia was delivered to HT and they've been distributed to the retailers. I don't know whether this means all Sideshow products will get released in Asia first because they don't have to ship them all the way to the US.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just want to see someone bash a new Bespin Han out of the new pieces on offer now.

Not real impressed with the Hoth figure, except for the snow jacket, gloves & boots maybe.

Me too. I'm already thinking ahead about getting a new body and how to adapt the old Bespin Han pants, boots, accessories, etc.

I'm mostly ok with what I see of the figure, except for the eyes, of course.

I know the Sideshow bodies are not the best, but given that most of it will be covered by a thick coat, pants, and gloves, a whole new body seems kind of unnecessary to me. And the overall proportions seem fine to me from the pics we've seen so far.

I know the Sideshow bodies are not the best, but given that most of it will be covered by a thick coat, pants, and gloves, a whole new body seems kind of unnecessary to me. And the overall proportions seem fine to me from the pics we've seen so far.

The thickness and amount of clothing and accessories as you mentioned are what save the prometheus body here - for the most part. Just don't pose it in such a way that you can see some of the more laughable issues like odd overall arm length (arms above head), etc. Swapping bodies doesn't have to be pricy, but it'll take a bit of time and finesse - and as you also say, the payoff won't necessarily be comparable to doing the same thing on other releases like Stormtrooper and Snowtrooper, or even Tusken Raider (this one mainly because of those arms again).

Yeah if its just a matter of shortening or lengthening the arms and legs, I think I'd rather just modify the existing body. It would be a whole lot cheaper and easier (unless you just have tons of spare bodies lying around, which I unfortunately don't). :)

I just got the email from sideshow with the new photos. It honestly makes me nervous to see the figure in hand. I know paramore said the figure looks great in hand but I don't like how everytime sideshow releases a human figure everyone has to hold their breath to see if the headsculpt comes out looking good or not. Why can't sideshow just get their paint apps right so when they release a figure no one is nervous of final production. This is the only company I know of where that happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Figure looks good! Can't wait.

Wrong Flosi... you must hate this figure and feel very put out by the very idea of how it turned out :lecture

In honestly, sside from the funky eyes he looks like he turned out pretty good... at least so far he seems on the better end of the Sideshow quality scale. Just wish Sideshow would get the thumb out of their ass and finally commit to delivering a figure that will not induce some amount of wtf :huh :lol

I've bought some 'ultra fine model powder snow', will give Han some weathering and see how it goes. He looks to damn warm and cosy in that coat ;)

Back