Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So Han was colour blind?

No one had the heart to tell him he was actually wearing brown? :wink1:

Han was quite confused about colour in general, he couldn't understand why his fur collar was always brown/gold even when standing under those annoying Hoth blue lights. Yet everyone kept asking him if his coat was actually blue or brown. :lol

Couple nice shots at SS of the EX head. Looks fantastic. Shame it's not part of the regular edition.

Yet those pages are still stating:

Item shown is a prototype. When shipped, the final production piece may differ in appearance.

But, unless Sideshow found a couple of previously unused photos, it looks like this is what we're going to get. I'm happy with that, shiny nose an' all!

Han was quite confused about colour in general, he couldn't understand why his fur collar was always brown/gold even when standing under those annoying Hoth blue lights. Yet everyone kept asking him if his coat was actually blue or brown. :lol

Han's a blue collar worker here, up around his hair:

rebelcommander%20esb.jpg

The scarf of the rebel nearest him is a similar brown to his coat under this light/filter.

HRC.jpg

I'd really like SS to make a few Hoth Rebels in their 'Militaries of Star Wars' line. Only better quality than their Endor Rebels. (At the same price would be nice, too :lol).

Couple nice shots at SS of the EX head. Looks fantastic. Shame it's not part of the regular edition.
21342-product-silo1.png

21341-product-silo.png

2134-product-silo.png

Figure is okay/ great with the hood, depending on your perspective, but the EX head is way too 'Sideshowy' - the hair is thick and heavy and the face generally is a bit square. Funnily enough the EX eyes don't look too bad in these shots...

Han's a blue collar worker here, up around his hair:

rebelcommander%20esb.jpg

The scarf of the rebel nearest him is a similar brown to his coat under this light/filter.

HRC.jpg

I'd really like SS to make a few Hoth Rebels in their 'Militaries of Star Wars' line. Only better quality than their Endor Rebels. (At the same price would be nice, too :lol).

Out of all the military figs SSC could do, a Hoth battle trooper would be #1 for me. I made an Echo Base trooper only because it was fairly easy, but a Hoth battle trooper with backpack would be totally awesome. And... probably over $200.:(

It's weird. Some shots make the head look realistic and some make them look cartoony like from the Clone Wars or something.

Definitely han is too short. I see a height mod coming in my future.
Ford 6'1"
Hamill 5'7"
Fisher 5'2"
Daniels 5'9"
Guinness 5'10"
Mayhew 7'4"
Prowse 6'7"
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424782149.947652.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424782163.070705.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424782175.109683.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424782188.117216.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424782199.889154.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424782217.331142.jpg

Bah, just do the SS Vader mod on DX luke--cut off a 1/4 inch from his torso and you will have proper scale, yeah that's the ticket--getting right on that--NOT!

Not a fan of that (non hatted) sculpt at all, even with good eyes, I see a bit of Solo there but not a lot of Ford.
It's too pointy and angular. Perhaps it will be better in hand.

Isn't it the same face, just different hair?

Anyway, newer pics look good... I still figure there will be a lot of wonky/deformed eye issues; but I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that I end up with a good one :pray:

Isn't it the same face, just different hair?

Anyway, newer pics look good... I still figure there will be a lot of wonky/deformed eye issues; but I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that I end up with a good one :pray:

The gluing of the hat has maybe distorted the hatted head a bit (messing with the eyes/upper face,) but then you'd think the unhatted version would have the hair glued in the same way, so in theory that head should also be distorted.:dunno

Both the eyes are more wide than in proto. I think for the hatless sculpt it works well as he probably didn't go around squinting in echo base.

So are these updated pictures of the figure meaning they will be shipping them out in the next couple days?

Back