Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like gray stitching to me. Who would use white stitching on brown? I see no "blue areas". Any fading you might see may be just that -- fading.

All that picture proves is that the coat's brown.

Rory, it's time for your meds.

Looks like gray stitching to me. Who would use white stitching on brown? I see no "blue areas". Any fading you might see may be just that -- fading.

Seriously, can you not see the blue residue on the stitching, recesses?
Not sure what your viewing on, but it's very apparent to me on my mac screen.
The stitching would have held onto color longer because it would be cotton, it takes dye better than wool.
Be logical man, why on gods earth would the stitching and recesses on a brown coat be blueish?

Now where are those meds...

:lol

You're trippin'

Blue recesses... what?

What color do you see ....?

ileaveonmyown.gif

Do you see a recess....?

kaleidoscope-GIF2.gif

You are now hypnotized and under my power. Listen to my voice. There is no more blue in the world. Only brown. Only brown.

Last edited:

The 1/4 scale "Ultimate" Han Hoth figure has a brown coat with REALLY obvious blue stitching.:lol

Onscreen the coat appears blue more than half the time to my eye, but there are scenes where it is indisputably brown. I think these (cherry-picked) photos illustrate how I subjectively "remember" the coat onscreen, which is predominantly blue, even if there's a whiff of brown:

2m6o5zc.png

But as I said, pretty much every other Hoth rebel outfit has a tan/brown/beige color scheme so it would be a little odd if Han's outfit - judging by his attached rank badge, clearly a rebel officer's coat - would be the odd man out in terms of not being part of the tan/brown/beige palette.

But as I said, pretty much every other Hoth rebel outfit has a tan/brown/beige color scheme so it would be a little odd if Han's outfit - judging by his attached rank badge, clearly a rebel officer's coat - would be the odd man out in terms of not being part of the tan/brown/beige palette.

:goodpost:

This is the best reason I've heard for why the coat would be brown and not blue. Case closed! :lecture

Um, maybe he changed coats? The rebellion can afford all those outfits for Leia to prance around in....Han can't have two different coats that he changed???

He went out after the probe and his coat got wet, he came back and changed...then he went out again...

The coat does appear to have been dyed. It's sort of blotchy up-close. Maybe it was dyed from neutral/white to brown and the brown dye has got uneven over time and gotten bluish. Because up close it does have what appears to be bluish remnants around the stitching and in the folds.:dunno

Personally, I like the blue because it does look blue some of the time onscreen and yes, because of Kenner. If it looked brown onscreen the whole time, I'd call it a Kenner mistake that had to be rectified, but that's not the case.

The brown makes more sense because all the other Hoth outfits have a brown/beige color scheme, but I guess you could argue the blue sets Han apart so could have been a choice. To me, it's like the ATAT driver helmet/armor - it's been definitively proven to be light/medium grey, but it looks white onscreen so that's the way I want an ATAT driver fig to be.

2earx21.png

That coat is in a glass box. The blotchiness looks like reflections from the glass.

egeje4y7.jpg

hube9a4a.jpg

DSC02544.JPG

Original%20Trilogy%20-%20Han%20Solo%2007.jpg

TLC_bp_hothprobe_hanref.jpg

In the expanded universe where my figures live Han's wardrobe on the Falcon extends to two cold weather coats. A brown one and a blue one. They go with his two pairs of trousers.

solooooo.jpg

Looks like the whole hoth wave was pushed back. Han slated for January, Luke for February and tauntaun for December. Head sculpt issues perhaps?

Looks like the whole hoth wave was pushed back. Han slated for January, Luke for February and tauntaun for December. Head sculpt issues perhaps?
I think they're just waiting to see the SSF membership settle this coat debate once and for all.* Then, they'll release these figures.

*hint: it's not brown

Waiting is fine with me, if Sideshow need more time to get the products right.:clap

More time to see more items from the HT Star Wars selection.

What selection? I want everything. :lol

But seriously. I need to be discipline enough to put aside a monthly saving for the anticipated HT announcements.:D

Back