SIDESHOW - IRON MAN Mark 1 Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great snaps, so glad i hung in and kept this guy on order, this needs to be part of your Iron Man collection IMO

I don't believe we will see the Mark III armor in 1/4 scale from Sideshow. HOWEVER, I'm not sure if anyone watched the SDCC Con coverage, but they actually have the Mark IV armor there. It was the last armor (the one on the viewer's far right) in the 'Hall of armor' that's on display there.

Quoting Joe Q., "This Mark IV armor is a slimmed down version of the Mark III, and is made for flight"

If someone can post of image of the armors from SDCC, you will see the Mark IV armor.

EDIT:

hr_Comic-Con_2009_113.jpg

Mad28...thanks for sharing.....great pics....can't wait for mine to arrive.

I don't believe we will see the Mark III armor in 1/4 scale from Sideshow. HOWEVER, I'm not sure if anyone watched the SDCC Con coverage, but they actually have the Mark IV armor there. It was the last armor (the one on the viewer's far right) in the 'Hall of armor' that's on display there.

Quoting Joe Q., "This Mark IV armor is a slimmed down version of the Mark III, and is made for flight"

If someone can post of image of the armors from SDCC, you will see the Mark IV armor.

Here are some more pics of the Mark IV suit from Marvel's booth:

SDCC149.jpg

SDCC150.jpg

SDCC153.jpg

SDCC151.jpg

versus the Mark III BD and Mark II suites:

SDCC140.jpg

SDCC139.jpg

There are a lot of differences visually from the Mark 3 to the Mark 4

Mark 3:
IM-14109R.jpg

Mark 4:
SDCC149.jpg

The faceplate is narrower as you can see the single ridge on the Mark 4 instead of the double ridge on the Mark 3. The chest region is completely retooled into more a plated look instead of one piece with just parts that were raised. Also the two silver bolts that were on either side of the chest as well as the brackets are gone. The shadowed portions of the chest which showed the black underarmor have been replaced with golden accents that are full parts of the armor. The shoulders are paired down more aerodynamic with plates instead of large "cuffs". The actual piece over the shoulder portion are completely different adding more of a one piece look instead of the layered look of the Mark 3. The abdomen area is retooled as well not only with gold accents but also three full panels instead of just four. The guantlets are redone to look more stylish and the bicep portions are full cut components instead of just ridges like in the Mark 3. The codpiece is changed without the piece jutting forward and the thigh pieces are remolded, elongated and more golden accents instead of just silver ones.

Anyone who is looking to just replace the Mark 4 over the Mark 3 is kidding themselves really.

I want this but too much other stuff on the plate right now. With the 1:2 Iron Child ordered it probably won't come until sometime next year. Fingers crossed for Second Chance

How many heads does the mark 1 maquette come with? It looks like two heads from the pictures.

Exclusive has two heads, one head with fliptop revealing Stark sculpt and one head that the exact same as the exclusive with eyes "blackened" out. the regular is seamless with no removable head.

Back