SIDESHOW - IRON MAN Mark 1 Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blue Falcon, first of all, awesome photography. Some of the pics look like they may have been oversharpened, BUT this may only be from my monitors view.

Perhaps. My workflow consists of images being imported and processed in LR before exporting to CS3 for resizing and sharpening. I find this method is usually best for web viewing as opposed to using the high pass filter method some people prefer.

Anyways, I can see what you mean to the more detail. When I get mine displayed, I will have to take a much closer look and compare your details to the SS piece. The HT is an impressive piece. For me, the decision was not whether HT or SS, it was the fact it fits with my other 1/4 scale formats. If my stuff was mostly 1/6, I would be all over the HT one in an instant.

That's cool, man. I'd also get the maquette if it was cheaper or I wasn't already committed to so many pre-orders as is. The HT Mark I is not only more detailed, but cost much less as well. I'm sure that will change once these are all sold out.

saw the maquette in person today at Cornerstore Comics. Wow. I was really surprised at how bad it turned out. The paint work is sloppy, and the sculpt is not very detailed. There are certain parts like the chest reactor that look like SS just "winged" it with really rough sculpting. Its size is impressive, but it also enhances the many shortcomings. And forget about the regular edition - the sculpted empty eye openings on the helmet really stand out in a bad way.

My wait list just converted for this but I had to cancel so if anyone is still interested, get on the wait list. :lecture

Shai, normally I agree with you lately, but the HT Mark 1 is far superior and more detailed than the Maquette in every way.

have to agree, saw both last week at the lcs, and the ht version is what the ssc version should of looked like imo.
should've been a pf instead of a maquette:duh

I haven't seen the maquette in person, but I did just get the HT Mark 1 and quite frankly it looks consierably better than the maquette in every way (except size, of course). I just can't get over the details on this thing.

I have been on the fence for purchasing the mark 1 for a while (the hot toys) since I already have the sideshow which i happen to think is the better of the two imo due to size and presentation. The hot toys version looks great but everytime I almost pull the trigger I cant get over the price tag without thinking Im purchasing a dressed up doll. There are pics on the statueforum.com site that show the two together and compared to the maquette the hot toys version looks even smaller than 12 inches. But its really really detailed. Im still on the fence about it. I just wish sideshow has made the arc reactor really detailed and added a few more items and mixed media to their statue. Overall im happy with the statue.

When you see these two together one def dwarfs the other. If you want poseability and more accurate hot toys is the way to go. Although tony stark looks asian and really dark.

If you want a statue with an epic pose...then SS. But you be the judge when seeing them side by side.

ss005.jpg

Very cool looking ,Does this mean they are going to bring out a premium format mark II & III as well ?? Has that been confirmed ?? I will have one of each please

Very cool looking ,Does this mean they are going to bring out a premium format mark II & III as well ?? Has that been confirmed ?? I will have one of each please

Although it should have been, the SS Mark I is not premium format, but a maquette. Premium format is mixed media.

Although it should have been, the SS Mark I is not premium format, but a maquette. Premium format is mixed media.

is that the reason why the maquette is more expensive?whats the difference between a maquette and a pf aside from the one mentioned by blue falcon. im still confused sorry im just new into pf collecting.thanks

Last edited:
Well, it's a little complicated. PFs are mixed media, but they are also all 1/4 scale. Maquettes in general don't really have a set scale that I'm aware of, but this one happens to be 1/4 scale. So the mixed media aspect is all that separates this from a PF. I would think that if they had made it a PF it would be even more expensive because it would have to have a body that "wears" separate pieces of armor, more like the Hot Toys piece.

Just paid my 2nd flex pay today..... One more and it will be mine....

Once I have it, I will repaint the face......I will show you guys progress pics....It will look great :joy

this piece is bad ass!!i hope they continue make im movie maquettes!!!

When you see these two together one def dwarfs the other. If you want poseability and more accurate hot toys is the way to go. Although tony stark looks asian and really dark.

If you want a statue with an epic pose...then SS. But you be the judge when seeing them side by side.

ss005.jpg

It was a very long wait for us here on the other side of the world. When I did got my mine I felt like a kid in me. Felt very excited to see the goodies inside. When I did opened the statue 1st thing that hit me was the base, awesome details, Very heavy all the welding details creating the scenario that it was in the desert, which in turn was more movie accurate. When I lifted the body frame I can already feel every penny well worth because of the awesome sculp and details. When I put on the head of Tony Stark it resembles the whole scenario. The faces looks more like perspiring and really looking like struggles to move with armour. Well I certainly feel this is for me the best 1/4 statue for 2009. Kept one beside my ofc table and one beside my room! Sold my M1 HT

Back